The trouble with...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iNash, Apr 14, 2009.

1. iNash macrumors 6502

iNash

Headphones!

Here's my predicament:

I have an iPod Classic with some Sennheiser headphones (which are awesome and stay in my ears pretty well except when at the gym where they keep falling out. This results in me looking like a loser having to keep touching them and pushing them in all the time!)

I then brought a pair of £20 Nike headphones that loop over your ear and clip round it. - Now these are awesome, they never fall out and sound pretty cool.

The Apple headphones (both normal and in-ear) are cool, I like the whole white look hanging down but unless I am in the car or sitting at my desk, any movement they fall out all the time! :mad:

So I then brought an iPod Shuffle (just because they are cool) and actually I would like to use them at the gym rather than lug around the classic.

Problem being that I can only use the ear phones that come with it, or the Apple in-ear headphones (older version).

If I plug in the Sennheisser or Nike ones they simply don't work (thanks to the DRM).

So what do I do? Am I sticking the Apple one's in wrong - is there a special way? Are my ears too big? :(

Should I stick with the classic and stop moaning? Is there another solution?

Sorry rant over...

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

If you want to use your new shuffle you're stuck with the apple pack ins for now. IIRC you'll be able to buy third party compatibles sometime in the future.....

Not really. Have you tried different configs though? Looping them over your ears? having the cord behind your back? Covering the plugs with the included spongy bits?

I can't comment on this as I've not seen you in person but I'll say yes to be mean ;).

I'd be afraid of dropping/killing the classic whilst doing anything vigorous. The shuffle is perfect for what you're using it for.

Listen to the music they're playing at the gym. Or pack your ears with gauze so you can't hear anything.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...how old is the nano?

Any of those headphones should work with it, maybe you need to visit an apple store...

4. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

He never mentioned a Nano:confused:

5. iNash thread starter macrumors 6502

iNash

:( lol

Andy, thanks for the very detailed reply, I haven't tried looping them over my ears, although I may give that a god and see how I get on...

You are right with the concern about the classic and the shuffle was designed for gym work really...

Thanks mate, will see how I get on tomorrow (giving it a miss tonight) :D

6. iNash thread starter macrumors 6502

iNash

:D hmmm... maybe a coffee is in order? ;)

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No problem anytime iNash :). Did you get my suggestion about the spongy cover bits? I found they helped at the gym when I used to use the pack ins. You can also buy third party ones as they can rot pretty quickly if they get sweaty....

8. iNash thread starter macrumors 6502

iNash

Yeah, although I don't think I got any in the box :( but I have loads of spare from when my bluetooth headset has been replaced ;)

I'm gonna give that a try first actually (as my ears are too big) lol :D