The TRUE iPhone Killer!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSpaz, Oct 8, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The iPhone killer would be an iPhone 3G with a tougher housing (maybe aluminum) with no defects.

2. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Totally! The only phone better than an iPhone3G is a BETTER iPhone3G. Although a stronger casing would be nice, I have not had any problems with the current casing. But, yeah, I agree with you that it "creeks" when it's in my hands sometimes.

Apple specifically used plastic so that they would be 100% positive that the housing was not interfering with the radio signals. Perhaps a stronger polymer and a better engineering of the structure of supports within the phone would be the best option.

3. crazylegsmurphy macrumors 6502

Ha...you wanna know the true iPhone killer...it's the iPhone.....

If the poor quality control keeps happening as it has....it won't take much for ANYONE to outsell it.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Uh, no. Def. the LG CE110. I mean just look:
    [​IMG]

How can you go wrong? And can an iPhone flip?

No, it cannot.

5. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Wow....how long did it take you to think of that one?:rolleyes:

6. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

As soon as I saw the crack in my already imperfect iPhone 3G. I'm sick dealing with how fragile these things are. My iPod touch had no defects in it and is still solid as a rock... why can't the iPhone be like that?

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Umm, did you somehow miss the gazillion threads about the 1st gen iPhone's poor reception and how they switched to plastic for the 3G to improve reception and how the reception has in fact improved in the 3G and how Apple will not likely return to a metal cover for this very reason????

8. The Governor macrumors regular

after reading a lot of people complaining about how bad the 3g iphone build wise is....I must of lucked out. My phone is a champ. Dropped a few times, not that high of a distance or anything, but no marks whatsover. No case either

my girlfriend has the white one, and is also caseless, and has all these grayish marks all over the back. Can't see any on mine

9. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I have a White 3G iPhone and find it to be of better build quality than the 1st Gen it replaced..........