The UK O2 MicroSim Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BaldyUK, Jun 16, 2010.

1. BaldyUK macrumors regular

I thought a thread on people's experiences on getting a microsim from O2 might be useful as other posts are being lost in the general noise of the main UK thread.

It looks like O2 have said that they will provide microsims with a new iPhone bought from O2 but nothing about giving them away to people who bought from Apple.

They also say that you might get one if you registered your interest on the O2 site.

All in all, nothing seems clear at the moment.

2. StevieP macrumors newbie

I preordered a 32g iPhone 4 for delivery on release day. I contacted O2 yesterday to switch my current £35 month contract to a Simplicity 15. I have to admit the girl I spoke to was really helpful and it was done straight away. I asked about the new MicroSim and was told they cannot ship them until release day, she said to call them a couple of days before to see if the situation had changed, she also mentioned i should be able to pick one up FOC in store. As I kept my same number, I will cut my current sim to size if needed and then try and pick one up at the local store as soon as i can. I was told its just a matter of calling them to make the new MicroSim Live.

3. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Im assuming there would be O2 representitvies there at the apple store with microsims when we collect them on the 24th.

4. Pennine macrumors 6502

Called in O2 shop an hour ago and guy said they don't really know when I can get a micro sim. Why?

5. Igantius macrumors 65816