The Ultimate Android Phone?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by apolloa, Jun 3, 2014.

1. apolloa, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Vertu have launched a brand new Android super phone, it costs from £6750 or $11,303 when I convert the pounds price with XE converter.

It has a Hasselblad certified camera, nope no idea what that is, plus it has speakers made by Bang and Olufsen and runs Kit Kat plus Vertu's exclusive concierge service. Wireless charging and a 4.7-inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution covered with 5.1-inches of 118 carat solid sapphire crystal glass.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/129...b-o-speakers-hasselblad-camera-6750-price-tag

http://www.vertu.com/en/signature-touch

[​IMG]

2. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

You'll get more out of a LG G3 which is considerably cheaper than the Vertu.

3. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

4. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

5. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

6. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

who buys these? if i had all the money in the world i wouldn't even be tempted

----------

at least its got kit kat the last one that shipped wirh gingerbread was embarrassing

7. apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

David Beckham I believe had one, so do other millionaires, that's their target market, you just press a button and have a real 24 hour worldwide concierge service, want opera tickets in France one day and American football tickets for a game in the US the next, no problem etc.

Just remember if their wasn't a market they wouldn't be making them. But personally I have always found the Vertu and the Tag Huer phones to look a bit odd.

8. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

Hasselblad certified? Damn, I didn't think they'd lend their brand name to something as tacky as this. I wonder how much these things will actually sell though.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hasselblad make professional studio cameras.

We have a beautiful 50 mega pixel Hasselblad digital back and it cost us nearly €20k here in our studio ...... and that's not including the cost of the lenses........

That being said - I doubt the one on this god damn ugly Frankenstien phone is anything like as good as an S5 even ....

10. jamezr Suspended

jamezr

Agree with MRU above....that thing is hideous..... My M8 puts it to shame on sheer looks alone.......

11. apolloa, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014

apolloa thread starter macrumors G3

apolloa

Ah thanks, the story reports it MAY be a Sony camera unit so will be pretty good if it's one of their Exmoor R jobs? But that's all that's known, it also has a quad core Qualcomm at 2.3ghz but no mention of the model or RAM it has.

And in regards to looks, I would take my Nexus 5 anyday over this thing! But hey as said, if their wasn't the market they wouldn't make it.
    The Vertu has too many angles and looks daft with the real leather on it. Why not make it out of some incredibly high grade metal?

12. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Vertu up to their odd looking expensive devices again. Still looks tacky even if I had the money.

13. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Bang and Olefson is good stuff but its a phone speaker....ugly, thick phone for $11,000? LOL.

14. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

That was my first thought. For 11k, shouldn't it be better than the current phones on the market?

15. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Ultimate Android phone? That would be a 4.7" version of the LG G3 with the camera of the iPhone and stock Android. I would love if Apple would release iMessage to Android as well to sync up with my iMac/Macbook Pro and iPads. At least until someone comes out with a phone with no bezels.