The ultimate apple device...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by torqueflight, Nov 25, 2018.

1. torqueflight macrumors newbie

So I've been back and forth like most on these forums debating various options in my workflow and device usage as I decide how to allocate my tech dollars in the budget. If only apple would make this device...

Take the MS Surface Book and put the apple spin on it. Make the display an actual iPad. In stand alone use it would be running iOS and other than the long edge where it docks to the keyboard it would look and function very much like an iPad that we are all familiar with. When attached to the base unit we would now have a full keyboard, backlit with a nice trackpad as they add mouse functionality to go along with the Apple Pencil.

But it gets better... When docked, with the flip of switch this device becomes a MacBook! Yes, that's right... I think it would be way cool to have either OS at a moments notice in this singular form factor. And put some serious graphics in the base unit so we could do something called "gaming" ;-) every now and then. This could satisfy just about everyone needs, most of the time, with many use cases and transform as needed.

I'd be tempted to suggest offering 3 sizes... an 11, 13 and 15. Buy in once to get your MacBook, iPad with "pencil" support and both OS's available at your fingertips.

But, "sigh", this won't happen for many reasons. One, is because to copy MS would be admitting they had a great idea. Another is the probable huge hit to the income stream since we'd only be buying the singular device. Although it would undoubtedly be priced high it would have to be lower than the 2 devices separately.

Anyway, that's my thought for the day as I sit here looking at holiday sales on devices and wonder why the choices can't be easier to get something that will be a jack of all trades for me. Oh, yea, that's right. It's about the money. Your's and mine and they want more of it!