The Ultimate GlassBook Flaw Thread

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dybbuk, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

Well, another Rev A, another set of flaws! Granted, they're not that bad this time around ... unless the aluminum palmrests start cracking. ;)

• Loose Battery/HDD Cover
    • Dead Pixels
    • Dust Behind Glass
    • Slanted Function Keys

Of these, I'm a victim of the slanted function keys (which don't really bother me in the slightest) and a rather distracting speck of dust/dirt behind the glass. I'd rather not send it back, so I'm wondering if the glass can be separated.

Let's bitch about our flaws here.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Penultimate means the second last. Does that mean we have to endure another thread about this?

3. Dybbuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

i meant to write ultimate, what the hell

well now my failure is cemented into history

edit: or until i figure out how to edit the title, which is now

4. MindBrain macrumors regular

I got a 2.4 ghz macbook today. It's been good for me as far as no dead pixels, dust behind glass or loose battery cover (haven't taken it off yet though)

My take on the "slanted function keys" :
    After I noticed it I looked at the keyboard for a while. And it looks to me (maybe just me) like they seem to be slanted by design, so as to give a slight visual (and tactile) differentation to the number and letter keys.

I mostly like the trackpad but I don't like that swiping forward/back doesn't seem to work in Firefox.

Might post more thoughts later.

5. aleni macrumors 68000

get multiclutch for the firefox's swipe.

http://wcrawford.org/2008/02/28/everytime-i-think-about-you-i-touch-my-cell/

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Id like to know what happens when you bounce one of a pavement, any takers ?

7. Big Dave macrumors 6502

I can tell you what happens to a Whitebook when you leave it on top of your car and it falls off at 45mph.

-Destroyed HD
    -White streak on bottom left of display
    -Battery won't charge
    -Case scuffed and dirty
    -Lid closes off center

Replaced HD and now the Whitebook is permanantly attached to my television and is my movie watching computer.

8. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I opened mine in the store. The battery door was a little loose but I thought it was a fair tolerance. You need some room to insure a fit. It had slanted f-keys that really bugged me. Half of the store's display MB's had slanted keys. I asked to check one more new one in hopes of going home with a good one. The next one was a little better so I got my money back. I went to Best buy next and their display MB was perfect except for the poor quality of the screen ( I might could live with that to get a good build ). I asked the clerk, "what if I get one with a cosmetic defect?". He said it would be a 15% restock fee. I went home and ordered 4gb ram for my blackbook and cloned my hdd to a 250 to prep for an upgrade (now complete). Still sitting on my money but looking at a PB-12 for a travelling toy.