The Ultimate iPhone 6 and 6 Plus review we have been waiting for : AnandTech Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Sep 30, 2014.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

iPhone 6 review:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8554/the-iphone-6-review

Summary

iPhone 6 Plus

2. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

Almost sounds like it was written by an Apple employee...;)

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

;)

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Or anyone at all who actually arrived at the stated opinion.

5. MacTCE macrumors 6502

It does read like an Apple PR release.

6. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

That Huawei phone was destroying everything in the battery life tests. Would love a 6+ with that battery life.

7. PTLove macrumors 6502

Dont discount the review, its in depth, and its very good. The cherry picked lines about certainly sound like PR, but that doesnt discredit the good research done in the article.

8. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

The iPhone 6 Plus has single stream wi-fi, what does that mean?

9. nouspa macrumors member

Wow, what an unbelievable performance. iPhone 6 is easily most powerful smartphone out there. Even battery life is one of the best what money can buy.

Now i see why samsung is in panic mode :cool:

10. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

AnandTech's review of the HTC One helped me decide to switch to that phone 18 months ago, then I went on the M8. Their review was spot on!

I'm now back on the 6 Plus and couldn't be happier;)

11. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

That was an incredibly procedural review. Informative as usual, but completely dry and unusually boring for an iPhone review.

12. Gromet macrumors regular

Gromet

Single-stream 802.11n is a slimmed-down version of the 802.11n wireless local area network (WLAN) specification.

The goal of single-stream 802.11n is to improve the quality of service on mobile devices by taking advantage of 802.11n's wider radio frequency channel and mechanism for decreasing time between transmissions. Single-stream 802.11n takes advantage of the fact that the second draft of the 802.11n specification does not require the number of antennas on the sending station to be equal to the number on the receiving station.

13. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

Wow thanks for the info!

14. Y2JDMBFAN macrumors regular

15. erzhik macrumors 6502

Where do you ifans come from? Does Apple pay you for your comments?

16. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

17. nouspa macrumors member

What are you talking about? Did you read review and test results?

18. erzhik macrumors 6502

I did. How exactly is it the most powerful smartphone? There are phones that are more powerful with better cameras and better batteries.

19. nouspa macrumors member

Read them again, seems like you have skipped all tests.

And like you like to say:
    It's sad that you cry when Apple takes a nudge against other makers, but you laugh when others strike back. Live a little.

20. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

I find it interesting that the iPhone 6 seems to beat the i6+ in almost every category except battery.

21. Coupz macrumors regular

You guys should really read the text in this review and not just look at the pictures and charts ;)

22. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

In my opinion, the best review is one that is hands on by the consumer, and is done in light of whether or not the phone is the right phone for his or her needs, not whether or not it is better than phone x or has x feature, when the consumer isn't going to be using x feature as a whole or at all.

23. Imory macrumors 6502a

This was a very interesting piece from the review, taken from the software section. For those of you concerned about the lack of RAM and how Safari is handled on an iPhone 6.

The other issue has the potential to be far more serious. While iOS' software architecture is more RAM efficient due to manual garbage collection and the use of precompiled binaries, it's quite easy for me to push the phone past the breaking point in Safari. For example, six tabs of common websites for mobile devices cannot consistently be held in memory. If I continuously go through all six tabs, at least one will need to reload. In my first attempt at running this test, Safari crashed as I tried to go through all tabs constantly to keep them in memory. I didn't notice this behavior in the new Moto X, which can do the same test without issue. Outside of memory intensive use cases though, the iPhone 6 does respectably and I usually don't notice the lack of RAM. I have to emphasize that this should be a generally unlikely problem, and that the same behavior can be replicated on the iPhone 5s given the same workload. If you did not have issues with out of memory crashes before, there won't be any issues now.

24. erzhik macrumors 6502

You clearly dont understand what I was talking about. It's one thing to give a company credit where it's due, but it's something else entirely to say that the phone is the best just by looking at a test. You say that iPhone 6 is the best smartphone all around, yet you forget that Lumia 1520 has a better screen, better camera, bigger battery, more ram, and better specs all around. Again, companies taking a hit at each other is fun, fanboys like yourself claiming their phone is the best based on one biased review is something else entirely.

25. nouspa macrumors member

Where did i say it is the best? I said it is most powerful. You are confused.