The ultimate iPhone case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stealthipad, Feb 16, 2012.

1. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

That thing is a monstrosity and I thought the Mophie Juicepacks were BIG YIKES!!!I could never destroy the aesthetics of the iPhone or anything else

2. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

The only people who would need such a case are those extreme sports types, the military and Batman.

3. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Ummm excuse me we forgot superman and The flash :D

4. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

You also forgot Tony Stark :D

5. jwm2 macrumors regular

Ok so now 2 things will survive a nuclear war.

6. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

My biggest problems with these cases is the inability to keep costs down. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to cheap out on stuff... but $130 for a case? I only paid $70 more for the PHONE. Hell, $130 is not too far off of the deductible for a replacement device.

This would be well worth it if we were back when the iPhone 4 first came out and if we knew that the 4S would take the same form factor and if you were planning on upgrading. Then you would know that your case would fit both your current phone and your next phone and you'd be able to spread out the cost of the investment.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Wow very rugged and big. I would never use that kind of case on my phone.

9. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

it seems that it serves more of an "outdoors" person, with the sunlight charging and waterproofing and all. It may not be for you or me but if I were someone who did a lot of outdoors activities, I would definitely pick this one up over an otterbox.

10. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

I actually think that's pretty cool looking, but it's way late in this iPhones design cycle to get serious about it. Maybe if it came out two years ago when the current design did.

11. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I agree, this would put Otterbox out of business:rolleyes:

12. cynics macrumors G3

I could have used that on a ski/hiking trip I came back from recently. I just got a burner + zip lock bag lol.

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

LOL! We just got back from vacation and were on a nice catamaran boat with high seas where we all enjoyed the splashes and good times.

I terms of safety I did the same thing, captain handed out everyday zip lock bags for all of us with cell phones to insure they would survive the waves s our pockets got soaked. Zero issues.

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

For all those saying this ruins aesthetics, I agree, BUT, I don;t think this case is meant to be your daily driver. I know tons of construction workers that always want something rugged for while they are at work, regardless of the smartphone they use. During the weekend, or while at home, they pop a slimmer case, or go nude. Hell, I could even see this case as handy while going camping, hiking, etc.

15. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Shipwrecked on an island? What would you do with your phone? No service so you can take notes and play Jetpack Joyride.....

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I could figure out exactly where I am located using GPS, so at least I;d have coordinates. :)

17. JMies419 macrumors 6502