The ultimate question, is the iPhone 7 a 6SS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdmoore74, Sep 19, 2016.

?

Is the iPhone 7 a true upgrade from the 6 series?

1. Yes, the iPhone 7 is a new and improved model that deserves the 7.

38 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. No, the differences are small and not worth the 7 at the end.

31 vote(s)
    44.9%
  1. bbates123 macrumors 6502

But the question is, where do you see that improvement? None of my apps run any faster. For me the A10 makes zero improvement. My guess is that most of my apps run on the low power cores and that you'll only really see this if you're into gaming.

2. Math889 macrumors 65816

A10 is the new A8 chip haha

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G4

QCassidy352

Well, I actually disagree with the premise that it's a "massive improvement in nearly every respect," but even if we assume that premise to be true for the sake of argument, the updates are still far more in line with the sorts of internal updates that have always been the hallmark of the "s" upgrades. The 3GS was even more of an upgrade in even more ways over the 3G.

The move to a whole new number has always been accompanied by a rather significant external redesign. This is the first time ever breaking that pattern.

4. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

yeah they reviewed it as the best LCD screen on any device of any time or something jazzy like that. I love my iPhone as I do every year and had no qualms with dropping $100 on the matte black 128gb to upgrade to this years phone. Even if it looks the same next year I am sure that I can come up with 100 bucks (unless 64gb becomes the standard I may just do the free upgrade).

Got my new watch as well that looks exactly the same as the previous versions but this time around I got a black SS with link. The first generation I knew was just that so I got the sport and told the wife and myself that if I wore it every day that I would get a SS with link when it was fully able to go in the pool and not chance ruining a thousand dollar watch. Well they made that happen so I am happy.

I will admit, like most humans, I like new and shiny but I don't have to have new and shiny to be happy (referring to a total new design overhaul)

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Read the technical reviews, it shows what this new chip technology can do.

6. Mr_Killjoy Suspended

Mr_Killjoy

It's a minimal update that the loyal flock to and defend regardless of facts. The 7 is pattern-perfect with "S" increments.

5 to 5S:
    -Improved CPU
    -Improved GPU
    -Touch ID/new home button
    -Improved Camera
    -M7 Coprocessor
    -New finish (gold)

6 to 6S:
    -Improved CPU
    -Improved GPU
    -Touch ID 2/new home button
    -Improved Camera
    -Force Touch
    -New Finish (Rose Gold)

6S to 7:
    -Improved CPU
    -Improved GPU
    -New home button/Force touch Home "button"
    -Improved Camera
    -Water resistance
    -New Finish (Jet Black, arguably matte black as well)