The Ultra Thin Smarty GL Leather Case

caspianwind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2012
Hi guys
Just got my new iPad (iPad 3 or what ever it's called). Now I'm looking for "Perfect Case"... I was leaning towards Leather smart cover + Feather case, but came across this case The Ultra Thin Smarty GL Leather Case. What do you guys think about it? On pics, which are probably shopped, it looks amazing, personally I love the brown one.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gayILJHEHnk

Last edited:

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Hi guys
Just got my new iPad (iPad 3 or what ever it's called). Now I'm looking for "Perfect Case"... I was leaning towards Leather smart cover + Feather case, but came across this case The Ultra Thin Smarty GL Leather Case. What do you guys think about it? On pics, which are probably shopped, it looks amazing, personally I love the brown one.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gayILJHEHnk
Ordered!

I have been looking for a case just like this since I got my ipad 2. I dreamed of this and I was thinking I was going to have to have one made. If this works out you are awesome if not. You suck lol

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
Looks perfect in design, form and function. I don't know why Apple didn't create the official case to be like this. Very nice find. :)

say33d

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2007
Wirelessly posted

I emailed someone selling these Jison cases on eBay here in the uk the other day. The guy said the iPad 3 will fit BUT the sleep/wake function does not! He did go on to say he is expecting a revised iPad 3 version soon.

And it's cheaper from Jison directly...just think they are waiting to be updated so the sleep/wake function works.

http://www.jisoncase.com/product/Real-Leather-Cover-for-iPad-2_Smart-Leather-Cover-for-iPad-2_for-ipad-2-case_case-for-ipad-2.html

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Wow this case is awesome. Anyone have it for the ipad 2? how well do the magnets work at keeping the cover closed?

I'll wait on a version that work with the on/off feature but this is definitely teh front runner now for my case.

Phish311

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2007
this case looks great...exactly what ive been looking for. id love to hear a review from someone who used it on an ipad2

Pak^Man

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Columbus, OH
Works with Screen Protectors?

Nice!!

Anyone use these on the iPad2? Do they bother the screen protector at all.... I've seen some cases that have loverlap like this on the norners that don't play nice with screen protectors.

Thanks!

----------

BTW they are on ebay for $50.99 shipping now. Thats with Free Priority
What did you search for?

jazzy639

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
Theres lots of cases that are identical to this for the iPad 2. I had one and it was awesome. Cost me £15 (~$22) from eBay (PU leather). Waiting for some others for the new iPad to be available in the UK.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
Theres lots of cases that are identical to this for the iPad 2. I had one and it was awesome. Cost me £15 (~$22) from eBay (PU leather). Waiting for some others for the new iPad to be available in the UK.
Do you have a link or example? How good were the magnets on the case at keeping the cover shut?

jdecosta

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2012
That silver logo on the case is the same one that Invellope sent me on their black leatherette one for 24.95.

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Nice!!

Anyone use these on the iPad2? Do they bother the screen protector at all.... I've seen some cases that have loverlap like this on the norners that don't play nice with screen protectors.

Thanks!

----------

What did you search for?
Jisoncases

BigB117

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
That looks very nice. I would love something like that in black for my 3rd gen ipad.

jazzy639

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
How do you like it?
It was very good. Sold it with the iPad 2 I had. I didn't have to worry about putting the iPad down on a surface since it was protected. The smart cover worked very well, stand was fine, etc.

I especially liked the fact that the back case clipped in at the 4 corners and there were no edges covering the front bezel.

However... for the new iPad I'm considering a separate back case and smart cover because it would be nice to hold the iPad would having a permanently attached smart cover to it.