The UltraFine 4K is an impressive display!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KimHansenDK, Jul 5, 2017.

1. KimHansenDK, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017

KimHansenDK macrumors 6502

I just received the UltraFine 4K display and it is just amazing! The uniformity and colors are perfect. No dead pixels, no retention issues and no problem with waking up from sleep. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the volume - the step from one bar to two bars is too big. Maybe they can fix this with an update. But the sound quality is actually pretty impressive from the built-in speakers.

I use it with the 13-inch MacBook Pro 2016 with touch bar and mainly use it for web and app design. I would have loved the 27-inch but my workspace at home is rather small and the 21.5-inch model is a perfect fit. It is much more easy on the eyes - and I don't have to turn my head from side to side when using the display.

So I am really impressed with the UltraFine displays. They are expensive but well worth the money.

2. KimHansenDK, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017

KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm. I might have been a bit too fast here. The screen has flashed to black screen for 1-2 seconds twice now. Is this hardware or software related? I don't have any router og access point near the screen. Only the mbp in clamshell mode and a magic mouse 2 and magic keyboard. Maybe it has something to do with the cable?

Edit: A reset (the first one after connecting the display) seems to have solved the issues. The volume is fine now and I have not seen the screen flash to black for an hour now - but I not sure that it will stay that way...

*The volume issue is back again - so I guess that a reset is necessary for fixing it temporarily*

3. MrX8503 macrumors 68020

I recommend unplugging the monitor every now and then to "reset" it. I do this with my ACD as well.

4. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

I'm interested to see if the issues remain or if they work themselves out. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

5. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

After a reset and unplugging / replugging the cables I have not noticed any problems at all. No flashing screen (to black) and the volume bug was fixed with the latest firmware update.

6. Deane2000 macrumors member

Deane2000

Awesome!