iPad The Un-Restoreable iPad....PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DanielJStein, Jun 26, 2012.

1. DanielJStein macrumors newbie

I have tried numerous times to restore my 32 GB Wi-Fi only iPad 2, with no success. I think I have pretty much tried about every trick in the book, which is why I need some help. I am very tech savvy, restoring and fixing iPads & iPhones is what I am know for, but mine seems to be a stumper. First off let me just say the iPad in question was running iOS 6 Beta 1 prior to this incident. Every time I try to restore this device, I will get error 21, 1611, 1601, or it gets stuck on “Preparing iPad for Restore.” To fix the error codes, I usually just fiddle around with DFU mode, my firewall settings (Mac OS X Lion), or my hosts file. I am trying to restore to stock iOS 5.1.1. However once I have gotten past the errors, iTunes just gets stuck on the “Preparing iPad for Restore” screen. I went to work, leaving the device plugged in to see if it made any progress, and when I came home eight hours later, still stuck.

I have even gone as far as to use other software such as Redsn0w to restore the device. No luck. I have switched computers. I tried my MacBook Pro, my sister’s MacBook Pro, my iMac, my iMac running Windows 7 in a Parallels Virtual Machine, and this old Dell laptop running Windows 7. Still no luck.

The iPad is out of warranty, and the last thing I want to do is fork over my money for a new one. I know I can get it to work, any help is much appreciated.

2. noteple macrumors 65816

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. DanielJStein thread starter macrumors newbie

Good idea, that may do the trick. I'll keep you updated.

5. DanielJStein thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried that.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Try it on a mac. Worst case try it in an Apple store.

7. DanielJStein thread starter macrumors newbie

From that, I keep getting error 21 in DFU mode, 1611 in recovery mode. Firewall is off. The iPad is activated on my developer account, so there should be no reason as to why I am getting this error.

----------

LOL did you read my post on the types of computers I have tried?????

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Then make a Genius appointment, see if they can restore it.

9. DanielJStein thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I doubt that they can, the Genius Bar usually gives up whenever they see even one error code, and try to sell you a new device. But anyway, thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate anyone willing to spend the time on these forums giving people advice like this.

10. nkutluk macrumors newbie

Did you find a solution?

Hi!

I have a very similar problem with my iPhone: Error 1611 in recovery mode and Error 21 in DFU mode. Tried with an iMac and a macbook, changed the hosts file, switched USBs, restarted the mac/imac and i don't use firewall or any other security software. Nothing works!

Did you finally find a solution to your problem?