Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
So what games did you start playing, but never finish? Which ones are you actively pursuing right now, which ones are on the backburner? Which ones have you given up on?

Active:
Batman: Arkham Asylum (about 3 hours into it)
Resident Evil 5 (maybe halfway done)
Bioshock (no clue - about to revitalize the garden...halfway maybe?)
Far Cry 2 (60% or so)

Backburner:
Orange Box (about halfway into HL2, got distracted...)
GTA4 (just unlocked 3rd island and lost interest)
Silent Hill Homecoming (maybe 30%, I'll get back into it eventually)
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (countless hours in already, but barely scratched the main story...fell out of focus)

Man, I have a lot of catching up to do. It's a good thing I'm buying "only" two games this fall/winter. (Uncharted2 & R&C)

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Currently:

MGS4 -Im upto act 4, so probably about 2 hours gameplay to go... or 16 hours including cut scenes

Killzone 2 - Dont think ive got long left, love this game... but spend too much time in multiplayer

Batman - 32% through... loving it.... just got a zip line thing

On the backburner:

Chinatown wars and new super mario bro's on the DS.... both amazing games, just having picked up the ds in a while.

Future:

Im trying to decide between FIFA and Pro Evo 2010.... just cant chose!

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
This is sad to say, but I still need to finish Bioshock and Assassin's Creed. I've had both since they were released pretty much but just don't have the time.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Batman, Halo 3, GTAIV, Gears of War 2... Just have no drive to finish any of them :eek:

Currently working through Pokemon Platinum, and I'm about half way through Final Fantasy IV DS. Next up is FFIII then maybe some console games. Really need to finish off Chinatown Wars and Kirby Superstar Saga on the DS, and pretty much all my PSP games; Tony Hawks Underground 2 Remix, Worms Open Warfare 2, Monster Hunter Freedom, both GTAs, LocoRoco 2, FF Tactics, Star Wars Renegade Squadron, both Tomb Raiders, Tales of Eternia, Star Ocean 1st, PoPoLoCrois.

*sigh* :eek:
And then I have 3 of my own games to finish.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So what games did you start playing, but never finish?

OMG! Err if I began listing I wouldn't know where to stop. It's far easier to say what I have finished compared to what I'e bought and not finished... :eek::eek: My biggest problem is that most games don't keep me interested much after first couple of hours, and I buy too many of them in the first place.

I'm just about to finish Batman. Good game but I'll probably not play it ever again. I've collected most of riddler trophies so I've no desire to go on looking. edit.... it's finished. Played a few challenge rooms but they are nothing special to me. So that's it for B:AA for me. It can join infamous as one of the few I've finished but don't want to play again.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
I'm just about to finish Batman. Good game but I'll probably not play it ever again. I've collected most of riddler trophies so I've no desire to go on looking. edit.... it's finished. Played a few challenge rooms but they are nothing special to me. So that's it for B:AA for me. It can join infamous as one of the few I've finished but don't want to play again.

That was Assassin's Creed for me. It got listed on Ebay the very day I finished it.

I have an idea that RE5 and Batman are going to be sold or traded in as well after I beat them. Good games, I'm enjoying them, but I don't really see myself going back to them once I am through.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Well just LATELY :)o) is

Persona 4, I'm in the LAST LAST dungeon (there are 5 endings so I am on the final one you can get), hopefully I can beat it soon.

inFamous, started playing it again the other day for some reason. A lot more fun than I remember having with it.

GTA IV: TL&D, almost done finally. Wanna get it done before Ballad of Gay Tony comes out.

Mario & Luigi: Inside Bowser's Story, chugging through it, lovin' it.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Fallout 3...I still have the DLC to play and I'll be purchasing Broken Steel this Thursday and every week until I have all. This was a rotten thing for them to do to me and Demon's Soul's is out on the 6th October....damn it!

Bless

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I'm 40-50% into Metroid Prime. I've been too busy to play it for about a week now, which is a shame because it's a bloody marvellous game.

(Then there's parts two and three... I predict that I'll make my way through the entire trilogy by around summer '10 at this rate! :eek: :D)

Orpheo

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
Stgo, Chile
dang... i havent finished a lot of games so i wont say them.... cause it's an everlasting list...

currently... im playing PES2009 (in my old but always nice PS2) and fire emblem (for the wii)

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
I have to admit that with all the good games I am playing lately (Bioshock, Batman, Far Cry 2) and more on the horizon, Resident Evil 5 is slowly slipping off the radar and may fall into the "given up on" section. I thought I had come to terms with the controls, but when you put it next to other games, it's almost unbearable. I am also not a fan of the way they choose to make the game more difficult. Nigh invincible enemies who simply don't react to the first twenty shotgun blasts to the face are not really the most creative way to go about it...and not my idea of fun, if the controls get in your way all the time. Seems like RE4 was more intelligent than that for some reason, with the blind enemies you could distract with sounds and whatnot.

We'll see, I'll probably give it another try, but I might well trade it in for Uncharted 2 next month.

jake.f

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
NSW, Australia
Ones I haven't bothered to finish:

Assassins Creed (Might go play it now)

Lego Indiana Jones (**** its boring)

Need For Speed Pro Street (Boring)

Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 (God its terrible)

Ones I have finished to many times:

Call Of Duty 4

Gears of War 1 & 2

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
This is kind of a funny question to me - maybe it's just that my philosophy towards buying games is that I try to only buy games that I am confident I will not only finish, but play again. Replay value is so hard to judge, especially if you're not playing a sequel in a series (which so many are these days) or if it doesn't have universal acclaim! That said, I have been waiting 9 months (after getting all the initial trophies) for Fallout 3's DLC to be released... I am sure I'll be busy with that for a while.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
This is kind of a funny question to me - maybe it's just that my philosophy towards buying games is that I try to only buy games that I am confident I will not only finish, but play again.

It's normally the same with me, but now I'm starting to get games when they're cheap too. I didn't like Bioshock much but when it was £3 on Steam I still bought it. I'm also likely to buy multiplayer games as soon as, so the online community will be quite active.

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
It's normally the same with me, but now I'm starting to get games when they're cheap too. I didn't like Bioshock much but when it was £3 on Steam I still bought it. I'm also likely to buy multiplayer games as soon as, so the online community will be quite active.

I actually played the Bioshock demo and hated the game, but once it was $20 (for a used copy), I figured I'd try it... and now I can't wait for Bioshock 2!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I love this thread. I am really glad to see that I'm not the only person that buys a game, plays partway through, then shelves it.

Partially complete:
Bioshock
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant
Phantasy Star Universe
Prey
Fable
Halo 2
Quake 4
Final Fantasy 12 (my PS2 broke)

Haven't even started yet:
Star Ocean 4
Half-Life 2
Dragon Quest (8?)

I'd better stop before I embarrass myself further... :eek:

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Not many, my OCD forces me to finish every game I enjoy.. :)

The notable exceptions:
- Oblivion: Thanks to the infamous a-bomb glitch (grrr) I can't finish complete this game without starting from scratch. Not sure I have that much time to give up..

- Forza 2: I want to win every race in career mode, without driver aids. I was doing ok but am now stuck in the Regional Championships and can't win a handful of races. I need to do this before I buy Forza 3.

There are a few games I've bought that I haven't finished, but couldn't care about. Bought Call of Juarez BIB and couldn't play it any more after an hour. Have Dirt 2 as well, but have stopped playing it already and gone back to Forza 2. Fable 2, gave up with little intention of going back.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Always sex with you MRU! Maybe it's YOU who doesn't get out much hmm? ;):p

But yeah.... it's well over 70 hours after some restarts/dying etc. Persona 3 I am up to over 80. All I can say is Persona 4 is the best PS2 RPG. Yeah I said it.

Well it's hard to get out with the handcuffs on ;) :p

So is persona 4 worth checking out then on PSP if you've never played any of the others and is it a very typical jap rpg? Random battles galore ?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Currently:

MGS4 -Im upto act 4, so probably about 2 hours gameplay to go... or 16 hours including cut scenes

Killzone 2 - Dont think ive got long left, love this game... but spend too much time in multiplayer

Batman - 32% through... loving it.... just got a zip line thing

On the backburner:

Chinatown wars and new super mario bro's on the DS.... both amazing games, just having picked up the ds in a while.

Future:

Im trying to decide between FIFA and Pro Evo 2010.... just cant chose!

Updated.... I completed Batman and Killzone 2

Batman was great, and I enjoyed it all the way through. I also solved all riddles and got all collectables..... which means with the lack of multiplayer, i'll probably trade it in this friday for FIFA.

Killzone 2 was also a great game, but towards the end I got a bit tired of all the action. That game is intense from start to finish, with very little down time. Bit short too, took me just over 6 hours on medium difficulty.
Still loving the multiplayer :)

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Well it's hard to get out with the handcuffs on ;) :p

So is persona 4 worth checking out then on PSP if you've never played any of the others and is it a very typical jap rpg? Random battles galore ?

P4 isn't on the PSP, it's PS2 only. Persona 3 IS coming to PSP in Japan and (hopefully) NA.

I have never played P1 or 2, they are all separate but like Final Fantasy, all have ties if you know the series. No random battles, you see the enemies roaming around so you can avoid them if you just wanna get through. Watch a few episodes of the Giantbomb Endurance Run (they played through the whole game in 155 episodes) and you can see the combat/life sim parts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.