The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Photics, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Photics macrumors regular

Hi! :)

I'm Michael Garofalo and I run Photics.com - an Internet Publishing business. I read the rules of this website and it seems that it's OK to make app announcements here.

I'm excited about the app I'm launching tomorrow, but it's not yet available. For now, I'm practicing my marketing/announcement abilities. This is my first App announcement on MacRumors.com.

So OK, I was reading the iPhone/iPad Programming forum and it seems that many of you might not know about GameSalad. It's awesome software. (The basic version is also free!) It lets you make iOS apps without needing to know any programming languages. English is essentially the programming language.

Although, there is a learning curve to the software, which is why I wrote The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook. It makes it even easier to make iOS apps.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/an-unofficial-gamesalad-textbook/id409726843

This book was well received by the GameSalad community and it was listed as New & Noteworthy in the books section of iTunes... for The United States, United Kingdom and Italia.

If you think you'd like to make your own iOS games, or you know someone that does, this could be a highly useful book/app.

If you have questions about GameSalad, I've enabled "Instant email notification" on this thread. Maybe I can answer your questions about GameSalad or my textbook app.

2. Photics thread starter macrumors regular

GameSalad updated with Mac App Store publishing

Now it's ridiculously easy to create games for the Mac App Store. The GameSalad 0.9.1 update includes support for publishing to the Mac App Store.

http://gamesalad.com

Oh, and the basic version of software is free.
    (Heh, but a developer license is not.)

The professional subscription for GameSalad is $499 a year, but this feature was added to the free version. :eek:

Surprisingly, I'm still not sure what to do about this. I'm not sure I want to spend $99 on a Mac Developer license right now. Creating a desktop game is different than making an iOS game, so I'm still thinking about a good game idea.

If you've got a game idea bouncing around in your head, this news might be something interesting to you. GameSalad doesn't require coding. The programming language is basically English and Math.

3. Photics thread starter macrumors regular

I'm thinking these two posts shouldn't have been merged. :p

One's about a book.

The other is about an update to software.

I'm surprised about the lack of responses to the latter. It's free software to make games/applications... without programming!