Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
With the rewording of this thread's title, much of this post has become obsolete. Left in italics are the parts rendered irrelevant due to the change in this thread's nature.

I like how people think they have the right to complain about features that are not included.

You have the right to complain about included features that do not work properly or as advertised.

You have the right to suggest new features, such as those listed above. The corollary to this is that Apple has the right to completely ignore you, something they have a history of doing.

But we really have no right to complain about a lack of features. The iPhone doesn't need to exist; Apple made it as a courtesy. If you don't like it, buy something else with the features you want. If enough people do that, Apple will include those features to bring back customers. They're far more likely to respond in this manner than if they receive hundreds of hate e-mails.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I like how people think they have the right to complain about features that are not included.

You have the right to complain about included features that do not work properly or as advertised.

You have the right to suggest new features, such as those listed above. The corollary to this is that Apple has the right to completely ignore you, something they have a history of doing.

But we really have no right to complain about a lack of features. The iPhone doesn't need to exist; Apple made it as a courtesy. If you don't like it, buy something else with the features you want. If enough people do that, Apple will include those features to bring back customers.

that was humourous to say the least. of course we can complain about a lack of features that are present on almost every other phone

how can you defend apple with that bogus logic? " iphone doesnt need to exist"? lol good one there to defend that features shouldnt be included or even complained about

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
They're far more likely to respond in this manner than if they receive hundreds of hate e-mails.

Who said anything about hate? I'm pretty sure everyone in here has a love of apple. but we also have a desire for their products to be as good as they can be. we have a right to feel underappreciated when we contanstly request common features and haven't been listened to.

i mean what the heck about voice turn-by-turn gps? we forget about that?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
that was humourous to say the least. of course we can complain about a lack of features that are present on almost every other phone

how can you defend apple with that bogus logic? " iphone doesnt need to exist"? lol good one there to defend that features shouldnt be included or even complained about
Maybe you shoulda bought one of those other phones then.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
Maybe you shoulda bought one of those other phones then.

apparently, i mean who cares if i think the pros of the iphone outweigh the cons and decided to get one....

but to argue that the iphone shouldnt have common features because apple didnt have to let the iphone exist is quite amusing to say the least

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
apparently, i mean who cares if i think the pros of the iphone outweigh the cons and decided to get one....

but to argue that the iphone shouldnt have features because apple didnt have to let the iphone exist is quite amusing to say the least

no one is arguing that. Hes saying you have no right to bitch and moan that something isnt there when you know damn well it isnt and still bought it.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
no one is arguing that. Hes saying you have no right to bitch and moan that something isnt there when you know damn well it isnt and still bought it.

oh please

many people bought the iphone for what it could do and with the idea that apple would incorporate that feature. its not like buying a house in the middle of nowhere and then complaining its in the middle of nowehere as you cant solve that issue. apple can fix this. theres a difference

in short, apple can solve these problems and should. to argue otherwise is stupid imo. to argue that i have no right to complain about it is along the lines of fanboism and that apple can do no wrong. gimme a break:rolleyes:

i guess all those upset with apples decision to drop firewire in mb's should just shut up and take it without apple knowing of their disapproval right?

i guess those displeased with vista should just shut up and deal with it and not complain to MS about any issues right?

do i really need to make my point any clearer?:cool:

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
thats like buying a car and hoping it would get better mileage somewhere down the road. There were no promises. Some of these "problems" arent even problems.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006

but to argue that the iphone shouldnt have common features because apple didnt have to let the iphone exist is quite amusing to say the least

Pshh. I'm certainly not saying it shouldn't have what everyone wants. Heck, I want half of what people complain about, as well.

I just don't like how people get into the mindset that Apple "owes them" these features, because Apple doesn't "owe them" anything.

I normally hold everything else to Apple's standard, stating: Because it can be done (speaking in terms of a feature of hardware, software, or (inter)operability), there is no excuse as to why it shouldn't be done. A good example of which is the worthless modem provided by my ISP. I have to restart it quite often. As I do not have to restart any of my Apple hardware because of faults, I am upset that the time and effort was not expended to make sure that the modem would function on its own for extended periods.

But in the case of the iPhone, for some things, at least, the opposite is very true. My piece-of-flip Verizon phone has voice dialing. The iPhone doesn't. This annoys me. This worthless piece of plastic also has MMS, which I don't use. The iPhone doesn't. This annoys me on behalf of everyone who uses MMS.

See where I'm coming from now? Sorry for the ambiguity.

daisuke07

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2008
oh please

many people bought the iphone for what it could do and with the idea that apple would incorporate that feature. its not like buying a house in the middle of nowhere and then complaining its in the middle of nowehere as you cant solve that issue. apple can fix this. theres a difference

in short, apple can solve these problems and should. to argue otherwise is stupid imo. to argue that i have no right to complain about it is along the lines of fanboism and that apple can do no wrong. gimme a break:rolleyes:

i guess all those upset with apples decision to drop firewire in mb's should just shut up and take it without apple knowing of their disapproval huh

i know i bought it thnking theyd eventually put the missing features.

and a company would be freaking stupid to not implement things customers want as its a bad marketing strategy or whatever the word is so be quiet duke

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
thats like buying a car and hoping it would get better mileage somewhere down the road. There were no promises. Some of these "problems" arent even problems.

bad anology as you cant change the cars gas mileage with a "tune-up" at a mechanics can you?

your analogy is more along the lines of buying an iphone and complaining it doesnt have a physical keypad. something that cant be changed in other words

eplchamps0304

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
bad anology as you cant change the cars gas mileage with a "tune-up" at a mechanics can you?

your analogy is more along the lines of buying an iphone and complaining it doesnt have a physical keypad. something that cant be changed in other words

makes sense

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
i know i bought it thnking theyd eventually put the missing features. and a company would be freaking stupid to not implement things customers want as its a bad marketing strategy or whatever the word is so be quiet duke

im agreeing with you.........

i used the same mindset of buying an ipod touch when it first came out. i knew there was "potential" and that is why i bought it over a nano or whatever

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
who gives a damn if its a good analogy or not, if you buy something in the hopes that it will change to what you want down the road its just stupid. You should buy things for what they are, and if its not what you want/need, dont buy it. Simple as that.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
who gives a damn if its a good analogy or not, if you buy something in the hopes that it will change to what you want down the road its just stupid. You should buy things for what they are, and if its not what you want/need, dont buy it. Simple as that.

but a lot of us bought things with the mindset that is is great now (i.e. good enough), and it's only few little flaws can be easily implemented thru software updates or the app store ;)

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
...what you want down the road...

HA! Down the road? Car analogy? It's a pun! Very good! :p:rolleyes:

Let's get back to the topic at hand. It's not about complaining about a lack of features, as I originally thought, but collaborating means of expressing to Apple our wishes that these features be included in future hardware or software updates to the iPhone.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005

so are you telling me i cant buy a product because i like it mostly overall but am dissapointed with some aspects of it thinking logically that it may be added in the future?

you are also telling me that no consumer EVER has a right to compalin about a product because they bought the product to begin with?

wow just wow

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
but a lot of us bought things with the mindset that is is great now (i.e. good enough), and it's only few little flaws can be easily implemented thru software updates or the app store ;)

Then why are there so many of those "im OUTRAGED" posts on these forums?

You cant be mad about things youve never been promised.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
so are you telling me i cant buy a product because i like it mostly overall but am dissapointed with some aspects of it thinking logically that it may be added in the future?

you are also telling me that no consumer EVER has a right to compalin about a product because they bought the product to begin with?

wow just wow
No duke, im telling you no one should bitch and moan and carry on for months and months about a feature they EXPECTED to be added. There is absolutly no evidence that these features are going to be added, no promise, any "logical thinking" that they will be are complete speculation. Something no one can be outraged about.

Do not put words in my mouth.

Mad Mac Maniac

macrumors 601
Original poster
Then why are there so many of those "im OUTRAGED" posts on these forums?

You cant be mad about things youve never been promised.

just because i'm a 'mad mac maniac' doesn't mean i'm mad!! haha. I try to avoid crazy yelling and outrage and the like, but i still believe it's our right to ask for easily implementable features...

but yes please enough of this debacle and back to the original point of the thread! i don't feel like a single person has used the feedback feature!! all of your names are going on the board! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.