The unofficial spoiler free keynote thread?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by eagandale4114, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

Are we having a spoiler free keynote thread for tomorrow's event?

2. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

3. wws macrumors member

What do you mean, no?! Please someone make one because I'm in college all day tomorrow and can't watch the event.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

What exactly would a spoiler free thread contain?

"There is a keynote going on from Apple"

"Apple has made an announcement"

/thread.

5. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Middle European time zone FTW I'm gonna watch it at 7PM :p:D
    Anyways, what should one discuss in a spoiler free thread?

6. Azy, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

Azy macrumors regular

I think most years there is always a thread that people use to announce when the keynote is posted online to watch without having to see any spoilers first.... But someone always posts a spoiler in it ha.

To the OP, if you really want one why not make your own one if somebody hasn't started one tomorrow?

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This is the thing. These things always end in tears.

Just stay away entirely. It's the only safe way to do it.

And then I guess have a family member open Apple.com that night and play the video without telling you what's on the homepage? I dunno, that's all I can think of.

8. wolsoncpa macrumors member

wolsoncpa

Exactly true.

9. Azy macrumors regular

The idea behind it is that people who want to watch it from the keynote instead if on a forum need to be able to find a link to it and know when it's been published but any news sites will have people at the keynote posting all the specs before it's published meaning its hard to find the video without reading spoilers.

But the thread pretty much ends up having spoilers in everytime...

10. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Bad news folks. We already know everything being announced. not sure why everyone would need a spoiler free thread. Unless you havent been online for the past 6 months. :D

11. wws macrumors member

The Unofficial Sept 10th "This should brighten everyone's day" Spoiler-Free Keynote

Since no one has made one yet, I am making a Spoiler-Free Keynote Thread for the September 10th Keynote "This should brighten everyone's day". Apple is highly expected to introduce new iPhones at this event, possibly including the successor to the iPhone 5, the iPhone 5S. Also speculated is a new low-cost iPhone dubbed the iPhone 5C. Link for the video will be below when it is posted on Apple's website.

:apple: Keynote Link: Not here yet!

(Mods, please put this on the iOS blog or wherever you posted the previous spoiler-free threads so other people can find it easily)

Thanks,
    wws

----------

Why was my thread moved? I was trying to make a new thread for the spoiler-free keynote, not respond to these guys!

Thanks,
    wws

12. antoniogra7 macrumors member

If you can check for a link of the stream (if there is one), save it for later. You can use the same link to watch it later. If you can't, you may wait for the keynote to be up on the podcasts, which I think came out the same day.

13. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

damn, they announced it today. 1080p projector, haptic feedback display and water boiler are the new features!

14. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

This has to be my favorite thread title in years.

Ok guys, they just announced something else, I don't want to say but you will love it.

I didn't think they could top themselves but they did, they annouced another device!

15. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Just avoid the forums and go to the home page to view the news immediately instead of scrolling through hundreds, if not a thousand posts..

16. Markyyy macrumors regular

I think an admin should send an email to all macrumors members with a direct link to the keynote. So we can avoid browsing the web and watch the keynote as soon as it's posted.

Orrrrrrrr... just avoid the web, and check on the Apple keynote podcasts. Problem there is that they get uploaded later than the streaming video on Apple's website so you'd maybe be waiting a few days.

17. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

That is exactly what I was wondering.

18. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

Best bet is to avoid the many websites that will be live-blogging the event. I'll be at work all day so I'll watch the keynote when I get home. During the day I'll be following TheVerge's live blog...

19. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

MOD NOTE

We will be and it will be posted shortly. I will post the link here when it does and then close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.