The updating apps annoyances

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBX, Oct 16, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

So why on earth is there no "Update All" button? And why does it ask you for a password to update an app you already installed with a password?

I have 8 apps that need to be updated and i need to click on each of them and the install each of them with the password!

Of course i could do it through itunes but i don't always carry my computer with me.

2. siufai macrumors member

On mine, after you type in the password for the first app, you dont have to type it in for the others. I think it ask you for the password if you dont update the other apps within a certain time.

3. elbirth macrumors 65816

I agree that that's annoying, but it's so much quicker to just update in iTunes and then sync your iPhone. If you go for days or weeks without being by your computer I could see this being a bigger deal, but as long as you have the option of syncing every day, just update through iTunes. If you have a critical update that you're dying to have, just update the 1 app directly on the phone and let the others wait. They're not *that* important to have ASAP, after all.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

This also works for me.

I wish they kept the update all button, but it's just a slight annoyance, I can deal with.

I think the password is asked as a security feature to your iPhone and your iTunes account.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

There used to be an 'Update All' button in 2.0. I don't know why Apple removed it.