The upgrade dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewGenAdam, Apr 28, 2009.

?

When and what to buy?

  1. 1) buy new iPhone PAYG at launch

    4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. 2)_a) wait out contract and keep 3G until Summer '10

    1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. 2)_b) wait out contract and buy new iPhone, six months late

    4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. n) get a Pre/life

    2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    #1
    So I bought a 3G at launch last Summer on an 18 month contract.
    Now this Summer's coming with a new one...
    So I have a choice. Do I:

    1) buy at launch Summer '09 on PAYG at high price (if possible), and use the remaining 6 months of contract

    2) wait it out until contract expires in winter '09, then EITHER
    _a) keep using present iPhone 3G until iPhone Summer '10
    _b) buy new iPhone Summer '09, six months late


    I want to have the Summer '09, but if it's just for six months, it might be worth just waiting for Summer '10.

    Ugh. The eternal dilemma of Apple addicts. Why can't they just do a 12 month contract!! (rhetorical)
     
  2. bytethese macrumors 68030

    bytethese

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    Location:
    Cranford, NJ
    #2
    Option 3: Upgrade price for existing iPhone 3G users.
     
  3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2008
    #3
    Your dilemma tells me that you have too much free time in your head. Why are you worrying about the "if's"?
     
  4. NewGenAdam thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    #4
    Ooh. Yes please :D
     
  5. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

    ckurt25

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2009
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI
    #5
    Has everyone that bought a 3G gone to see if they're eligible for an upgrade? I think many of us are / will be eligible for promotional pricing if/when a new phone comes out this summer. I bought my wife a 3G a few weeks after they came out and then got myself one a month or two after that and we're both eligible for upgrades according to AT&Ts site. Check there before assuming you're going to have to pay full price.
     
  6. Small White Car macrumors G4

    Small White Car

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Location:
    Washington DC
    #6
    Option 3: Wait until the carriers anounce what their plans and prices will be for upgrading iPhones. Then, make choice based on actual data.

    I mean, that's what I'd vote for, but you didn't put it on your poll.
     
  7. shabbado macrumors member

    shabbado

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Location:
    Las Vegas
  8. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

    theITGuy

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Location:
    chasing the ghost in the machine
    #8
    You sir are making too much sense for this forum :D

    Cheers.

    -J.-
     
  9. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    #9
    Personally, I'm just gonna wait till the Summer a year from now. The one after this summer is just going to be EVEN better. Besides, I'm in college and can't afford a luxury like a new iPhone every year.
     
  10. Boothy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2008
    #10
    +1
     
  11. Small White Car macrumors G4

    Small White Car

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Location:
    Washington DC
    #11
    Frick, my bad. I gotta cut that out if I'm gonna be popular.
     
  12. andrewsd macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    Location:
    USA/BAYERN(bavaria)
    #12
    wait

    If your iPhone does everything you need it to do then keep it until the 2010 ones come out.
     

Share This Page