The urge to want more macs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Reissman, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Reissman macrumors newbie

I bought my first mac last month and I love it. I realized I spent most of my time on the net looking at macs, comparing prices, emailing people about deals and looking at what I was going to upgrade when I got it. Well, now that I have one I spend just as much time looking for another one. When does it end? I have a mac mini now and want to get a macbook. I even put an Apple sticker over the Dell symbol on my work laptop! What happens after I get a macbook? I search everynight for a macpro? :apple:

2. yoppie macrumors 6502a

LOL, I agree with you on this. I currently have a MacBook and want a new iMac so bad. Too bad, I am on a student budget or else I'd probably have one by now. I will be graduating in May '09 and my parents have vowed to purchase me a new Apple computer at that time to help me get started in the working world. They purchased the MacBook for me so I'm not going to complain about the timing and wait.

In the meantime, I am scouring for a refurb Mac Mini to tide me over. ;)

3. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

Same situation here to.. i have a MBP and a MINI. and i am obssesed with apple computers.. i am currently looking for a mac pro, imac and xserve.. i cant have enough of apple computers... i got the stickers all over my house:apple::apple:

4. juanm macrumors 65816

That's why it's better to get an iMac since the beginning. Almost everybody who has a laptop ends up looking towards a desktop.

5. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

It ends when you die. There will always be something else that you want, something better, coming down the pipeline (or even out now). You can blow your fortune trying to remain on the cutting edge or just accept that you still have a great machine and enjoy it.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

This feeling will never end, once you get the next thing, you want the thing over that, until you want something that you do not even know about what it will be like yet (MacBook Air or whatever we want to call it).

7. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

8. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I've gotten over it. It's just a matter of self control and age.

9. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

10. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I am as well, i now want to purchase a mac pro. - Maybe this year? budget permitting

11. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

:D As extreme as it's stated, I sort of have to agree. :eek: It's so easy, especially if you spend "too much" time on a site like MR, to get caught up in the frenzy. To get the MacLust™.

*smack* Shush you! You've just lost the love. Nuffin' to do w/ self-control or age.

12. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Same here, as a build your own PC guy, i am not satisfied with the iMac, but they have to go make the Mac Pro a super good system. Why can't they have a mid range desktop, because not everyone wants an all in one, at least i don't. My PC has 4 soon to be 5 hard drives, i like to know i can upgrade any part of it i want, and having an all in one doesn't allow this.

13. Reissman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, If I didnt have self control I would have bought another one already. I just never noticed it with PC's.

14. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

I'm so broke but any money I have or get is going to my Mac fund. I'm obsessed, the more the better.:D

15. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I think that its important to realize the difference in wanting a Mac Pro because of the higher end component and the fact that it is the s-class of the macs.

16. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Mac Pros And Nikon DSLR's, it's a Love affair :eek:

The Wife doesn't understand, "you never spent this much time on the old PC " she says :rolleyes:

I don't think she will ever understand the importance of My Mac, Ive already got this years upgrade planned, couple of 1tb Hdd's and 2gb or RAM going in, I Find i Spend a hell of a lot of time looking at different Mac Pro configurations, even considering getting a MBP, so thats more time spent researching............ah these winters evenings are perfect for spending the time with my Mac ;)

17. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I know the feeling. I own 5 Macs of various color's and years. And I know that collection is only going to keep growing.:)

18. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Get some old Macs. They're cheap, they work, and they're nice to collect. 12" Powerbooks and iBooks are dropping in price like mad and they're still smaller than anything in the current lineup.

I would have a huge problem with collecting stuff provided I had the money. Computers, cameras, lenses, cell phones, even calculators.. (TI's new lineup is really sweet) I also have a mad urge to hack and mod stuff.

19. Reissman thread starter macrumors newbie

What would be a good deal on a 1.2/1.3GHZ g4 ibook?

20. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Forgot that one too - I love my TI-84 Plus SE despite my poor math skills.

Yeah, not to mention all the lenses we "need," and those hard drives and the constant need for more RAM...

21. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I'd say $700-800

22. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

I. Know. The. Feeling. :D

23. iCube macrumors 6502

Me too!

Apple stuff is so addictive...
    Check out http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=407179