The value of 7.0.6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeeJee, May 30, 2014.

1. BeeJee macrumors 6502

Hello MacRumors family, I just got a 64GB 5s running 7.0.6 on it and was wondering if phones catch a premium price with this firmware? There was no mention of it in the auction so I'm kind of excited to get my Jailbreak back. I'm not looking to sell it, this is more out of curiosity as I couldn't really find any recent comparable 64GB models on fleabay. Thanks!

2. 869639 macrumors 6502

Jailbreaking is no longer worth the premium to majority as it used to be in the past and thats largely due to the fact that many of the features/add-on/tweaks people jailbroke their devices for are now part of the base iOS.

Also because in the past jailbreaking allows users to unlock their iPhone's in the past, with no software unlocks available anymore since iPhone 4, again another reason why its no more a premium to buyers.

The % of people seeking to jailbreak their devices have declined quiet a bit over the past 2 years. I still see many people associating jailbreaking with unlocking of the iPhones and its sad to explain the same concept over and over again...only due to the possibilities of the past and lack of education regarding the matter as time progressed.

3. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

You might be able to get another 20-50 bucks

More importantly if you put it up with that version it will definitively sell quicker. Also offer the option to put it on the latest if they want