Price Advice The Value of a 1.83Ghz MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ErikCLDR, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I'm helping out my friend who has a 1.83Ghz white MacBook on his hands but it is no longer working. He is looking to sell it for parts, if there is a market.

The main problem is that it does not power on, or it does and then turns off shortly thereafter. The computer has had a lot of parts replaced by apple over the years- hard dive, logic board, top case, and the LCD.

Here are the specs
    1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo
    512mb-1GB RAM
    60-80gb hard drive (probably would be removed if sold due to security reasons)
    Combo Drive

We're going to try to get it long enough to get the full specs or take out the RAM and HD to determine. Physically it's in good shape. It has some scratches in typical white macbook fashion but overall not bad.

So the question is, is this worth anything? If so, how much?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

Do you know whats wrong with it? Why doesn't it work?
    Id say its worth about 80-120 on ebay. At least thats what I got for mine after spilling soda on the keyboard.

Good luck