The Verge reviews the 15" Retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stetrain, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Dun Properly macrumors member

2. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

Yeah. I had never seen any "the verge" content before this and was surprised with the lack of clear, annunciated delivery.

3. mizzoucat, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

mizzoucat macrumors regular

"If you have the money to spend, this is the best laptop you can buy right now." $2200 is an insane amount to pay for a notebook this day and age. To put it into perspective, I can buy everything in my signature and still have $750 left over versus buying the base model MacBook Pro with Retina!

4. astrorider macrumors 6502

Your point?...your stuff is less than a regular 15" MBP too. The Pro computers has also cost more than their consumer electronics/computers, presumably for the performance as well as the brand.

Anyone else find the passive aggressive tone in the review annoying? Here's a couple: "Regardless of your feelings towards Apple generally" as well as "The MacBook Pro with Retina display is already a decent value in its first generation — for an Apple computer, anyhow"

5. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

Eh, it's a fair cop. Apple's laptops have been expensive for their component price for a long time, largely because of all the extra work making them thin. Contrast with the Mini, which is a really nice deal for what you get.

6. astrorider macrumors 6502

Yeah, I should have clarified a bit. From everything I've seen, excluding special sales/coupons, Apple's laptops are priced competitively when compared with other laptops with similar specs.