The Very Common problem of IMac's not recognising DV Tape Camcorders

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Pegasus2, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Pegasus2 macrumors newbie

I have posted 7 times regarding the problem of non-recognition of my NV-DS38 Panasonic Camcorder - Lots of replies - telling me to check this and check that.
    All to no avail - Apple Helpline have not offered any remedies either. I note that on the various Mac Helplines on the web there are a plethora of similar cries for help covering a wide range of models. Oh how I wish I hadn't foolishly changed from decades of satifactory service from Microsoft.

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I haven't read any of your other threads, so don't know if you have already tried it. But have you tried reinstalling Mac OS X (or upgrading to a later version if not on Lion)? Because I have seen an issue with corrupted drivers before.

But if you don't like OS X anymore, I guess you could always just install Windows on it and use it as a PC.

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

Have you tried that camera with a PC recently to confirm that the camera's DV system is running properly?

You could also install Windows on your iMac via Bootcamp to see if it works there.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You have a Panasonic camcorder. It is Panasonic where you should seek support. One question:
    1. How are you connecting your camcorder to your Mac?