The Very Common problem of IMac's not recognising DV Tape Camcorders

Pegasus2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I have posted 7 times regarding the problem of non-recognition of my NV-DS38 Panasonic Camcorder - Lots of replies - telling me to check this and check that.
All to no avail - Apple Helpline have not offered any remedies either. I note that on the various Mac Helplines on the web there are a plethora of similar cries for help covering a wide range of models. Oh how I wish I hadn't foolishly changed from decades of satifactory service from Microsoft.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I haven't read any of your other threads, so don't know if you have already tried it. But have you tried reinstalling Mac OS X (or upgrading to a later version if not on Lion)? Because I have seen an issue with corrupted drivers before.

But if you don't like OS X anymore, I guess you could always just install Windows on it and use it as a PC.

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Have you tried that camera with a PC recently to confirm that the camera's DV system is running properly?

You could also install Windows on your iMac via Bootcamp to see if it works there.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... Apple Helpline have not offered any remedies either. I note that on the various Mac Helplines on the web there are a plethora of similar cries for help covering a wide range of models. Oh how I wish I hadn't foolishly changed from decades of satifactory service from Microsoft.
You have a Panasonic camcorder. It is Panasonic where you should seek support. One question:
  1. How are you connecting your camcorder to your Mac?