Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Well, glad mines arrived before this but one of my mates has his UPS showing as 'exception'. When he enquired about this delivery, he was told its beyond UPS's control... UPS flights aren't operating, or most of them aren't... in Europe anyway.

Flights wont resume till tomorrow (Saturday)...

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I'd say that safety is key. What's a few more days, right?

Yeah thats what I told him - they havent banned flights for no reason. After all, by grounding flights - I imagine there losing a lot of money.

Just created this thread to see how widespread the issue was.... and not to say "OMGGZRRR HOW COULD THEY" :D

Jarcrew

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
Cardiff, Wales
On a semi-related note, love watching people on the news playing hell at the airport because they reckon it's a load of fuss about nothing. As if some brickie from Kent knows more about what can and cannot bring down his EasyJet plane to Malaga than aviation industry professionals.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I'm sure you'd rather your MBP gets there a week late, rather than being in a plane which engines will fail flying in the volcanic ash. :)

I really don't think anyone is complaining that UPS should be flying, but you have to admit it is still a bummer to have your shipment delayed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.