Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EddieRebel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to the OS X platform (converted in April) and I have a question. I know better than to just randomly delete things. Yet somehow when I open up the Macintosh HD and select Movies I get the following error: "The volume for Movies cannot be found."

I did a search for some of the movies that I created in iMovie HD and it simply can't find them. Any idea if this is just a fluke accident or not? I really don't think I could've deleted all those movies, much less the entire Movies selection.

Also, if the movies are toast, can anyone tell me how to get around the error message so when I click on Movies it will at least bring up an empty folder?:confused:

EddieRebel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
I'm guessing that nobody has any suggestions on how to fix this.. Even if the movies are lost (which I've pretty much accepted as being the case), I still don't know how to make my Movies icon in the sidebar functional again. Any tips would really be appreciated.

Jan 30, 2006
It never hurts making the old and loved "repair of permissions". For this open Disk Utility and then click verify and repair permissions. Maybe that could help.

Do you link the problems to a day you installed something or changed something in you system?
You could also try an Archive & Install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.