Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Writerchic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
When you want to raise or lower the volume, as you raise or lower them, the accompanying volume that you're setting it to should raise and lower as you go along. Well, I've noticed that this hasn't been happening lately and some of my other sounds have disappeared too, such as in ichat, the sent message and received message sounds aren't occurring even though the settings are set for them to happen. Anyone else experienced this before? I just want to know how I can get my volume keys to work again so that I can hear them as I raise and lower the volume even if there's no sound coming. Am I making sense? The sound works and the volume keys do enable the sound like when I'm playing music and such, but the actual volume keys when I'm not dealing with sound, like just hearing the keys, they don't work. Anyway, any help please? Just joined. : )

youssefm

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
try unplugging your macbook, remove your battery, hold down the power button for 10 seconds, put the battery back in, plug in the charger and turn it on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.