The wait for new iMacs is KILLING me!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chriskzoo, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

    Aug 25, 2005
    Since October 9th has come and gone with no news and no Apple events planned in the near future, I'm pretty much resigning myself to them not being updated until January. At this point, is anybody else that has been waiting just riding it out or biting the bullet and going with one of the current models?

    Right now I'm struggling along with a G4 Mac Mini (old model that maxed out at 1GB of RAM) and it's killing me.
  2. zrankin macrumors member

    Jun 16, 2009

    Well I bought my mini a couple months ago and then heard the rumors... It will make me mad if they release a new mini that is cheaper or better for the same price... BUT OH WELL I GUESS
    other thoughts ... I got mine for 577 shipped, $10 copy of snow leopard, free copy of parallels desktop (which i love), installed 4gb ram ($60) and 128gb SSD ($299) myself...
  3. johnrs macrumors 6502a

    Jul 7, 2008
    Nottingham - UK
    I sold my late 2008 MBP to get an iMac at the beginning of september.

    If there is nothing new next friday then I will get get the current model.
  4. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

    Cheffy Dave

    Feb 5, 2007
    Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    How's that SSD workin out?
  5. zrankin macrumors member

    Jun 16, 2009
    Ok so far... I started a thread a couple links below this one explaining
  6. Icaras macrumors 603


    Mar 18, 2008
    California, United States
    If you give in, then all this will have been in vein.
  7. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

    Sep 27, 2008
    No, if he gives in than the new iMacs will be released!

  8. colmaclean macrumors 68000


    Jan 6, 2004
    I remember there being lots of iMac refresh rumours at this time a
    couple of years ago. Apple had to announce that there would be no new hardware until the following year, as the rumours were obviously hurting sales.

    There's not been a "no new hardware" announcement yet. But then again, next week's quarterly results conference would be ideal for that.
  9. katyoshi macrumors 6502

    Oct 11, 2009
    Honolulu, HI
    I've been hearing apple stores and bestbuy's are running dry on 2.66ghz imacs and all mac minis!
  10. voyagerd macrumors 65816


    Jun 30, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    I had my dad send the iMac he got back to Apple so he could get the new model, I hope they come out soon.
  11. Blinkwing macrumors member

    Sep 23, 2009
    New Zealand
    Heh, I know how you feel.

    I've had this old IBM Thinkpad R51e that's been falling apart since I bought it 3 years ago.

    CD/DVD drive rarely works, Wireless turns itself off when there's other computers using wi-fi near mine, screen has a bit of a crack from when I dropped it, the HDD has bad sectors so don't know how long it's going to last (not related to when I dropped it, they were there before), the sound broke just outside of warranty period & graphics card likes to restart computer when I have "too many" programs running.

    Waiting to spring for a MBP 13", but will see what apple do with the 9400M in the next iteration. If they go back to Intel, I'm buying the MPBs with 9400M ... just don't trust Intel integrated at all.
  12. RichardI macrumors 6502a


    Feb 21, 2007
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    I've got an August 2007 aluminum iMac and I still have nearly 1 year of Apple Care left on it so I won't be upgrading until that expires. Unless there is a quad core processor available in the update (bites hard on the knuckles of a clenched fist...);)

    Rich :cool:
  13. zedsdead macrumors 68040

    Jun 20, 2007
    I have the exact same computer you, and I feel the same way. I really am considering a Mac Pro next time around, but the money might be too much.
  14. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

    Dec 10, 2004
    I just ordered the 24" 2.93 refurb iMac..But am prepared to return it unopened if new iMacs are released this week.. Regardless, I think we'll know something on Monday/Tuesday. Either they say no new macs coming out until after holidays on Monday, or New macs on Tuesday!

Share This Page