The wait is killing me right now...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Smiller4128, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Smiller4128 macrumors member

I'm desperately trying to hold out on buying a i7 1.8ghz MacBook air in hopes of getting the new slimmed down 15" MacBook Pro that may or may not have a retina display as well...but MAN! This waiting is killing me! I've already held off for 3 weeks.

I've been hoping that the dwindling supply of 15" MacBook pros at 3rd party locations has been an indication that the new ones will be out shortly, but then I read reports that it may not be released until May or June and I about have a heart attack!...and yes I'm aware I'm not a very patient person.

When does everyone "think" that the new ones will be released? Soon or closer to June?

2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

3. Blu-Ray macrumors regular

I just did and the teller called security.

4. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

That means you know something they don't want you to know. :cool:

5. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

Rumors point to April 24th! Even though I'm planning on getting the 13 inch pro, the wait for the 15 inch is killing me too! Because I know if the 15 inch gets a retina display, I will too! :D Thats the big thing for me!

6. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Everyone is saying the 24th but that is the same date as the earnings call. I don't think that's the date. It is obviously pretty soon, but I'd probably say early May rather than late April.

7. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

8. chilly7 macrumors member

I thought it will be 29th of this month....:confused:

9. Omgitsdesmond macrumors newbie

Oh man me too. I'm probably going to get the base line 13 inch macbook pro... but if the 15 inch comes out and is super awesome and worth 700 more bucks I might get it. However, if it doesn't come out by the middle of May I will probably jump the gun and go ahead and get the current macbook pro 13 inch.

I got my ipad 2 a month before the ipad 3 came out, and I'm trying to not do that with my future macbook pro. :D

10. MikhailT macrumors 601

It's better to wait till June for two reasons rather just one. There will be updates to both MBA and MBP. The 22nm Ivy Bridge CPUs will be a killer upgrade for the MBAs, more battery life with more speed. You're buying it to keep it for at least a year or two, right? You can wait 2-3 more months to get a better bang for your bucks.

Two-three months ago, I'd say buy the MBA 11" but you're too far down the end of the cycle right now, that it's just not a good idea to buy either one.

11. FreyGrimrod macrumors newbie

My $$$ is on IvyBridge promotion from early April 24th - Mid May when the new MBP's are arriving... (to peoples hands at least not necessarily announced)

12. neilpryde23 macrumors regular

Earnings Report Conference Call is on the 24th and apparently Apple doesn't announce new products before leading up to or on the day of the Earnings call. I personally don't know if this is true but that's what others are saying on this forum. I just hope it's announced within the next month :D

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Yep, April 24th, 2013. Not a day later :eek:

14. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

Same here I just picked up a base model 13 inch macbook pro. I would say just buy and enjoy your new toy.

15. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

That is good. One fanatic Mac user less.

16. hjoneshjones macrumors member

Does best buy give you 30 days on laptops? If so, you can buy the 13 and cross your fingers that the 15 refresh comes out within 30 days.

17. Liquinn Suspended

18. Smiller4128 thread starter macrumors member

Actually as a Best Buy Silver member I can return anything within 45 days but I dunno if I feel right doing that...

Anyways things are indeed quiet today...last I heard the ivy bridge processors were going to be released on the 23rd with a new MacBook possibly being released on the 24th...so I'm hoping for that right now...

19. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

man, hold off for a little while longer. You know new MBP's are right around the corner. Be patient.

20. smali macrumors regular

The wait is a mild annoyance for me. Mainly because having experienced life outside of the bedroom I realised waiting for a small upgrade to a laptop won't kill me.

21. Smiller4128 thread starter macrumors member

OH SNAP! You got me good there! Oh man I feel so devastated by that comment that I almost don't know what to do about it...

22. jburns macrumors regular

People sure are different. My life inside the bedroom is making my wait tolerable.

23. Smiller4128 thread starter macrumors member

24. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

It's ben super quiet.