The Wait is Uncool!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yodaxl7, Feb 19, 2010.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

We got 5 to 9 weeks for either w/o 3g or with. It would be nice while we wait that Apple have the iPhone 4 os ready and present it. Plus it would not if Steve could say one more thing and present a docking station for the ipad or that it slides in to become a convertible MacBook Pro. It would slide in since the docking is by the home button. Once docked, it becomes the mbp. When undocked, it's the iPad. We would get the best of both world!!

2. MRU Suspended

MRU

3. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

This is exactly the problem with Apple tech sites.

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

That would be kind of weird given the fact that the iPad's dock connector is on the bottom while in portrait orientation... soo.... a portrait laptop? And how would it become the MBP? Would it become faster when docked? Where would the new processor be located? In the keyboard that you dock the iPad onto? So many questions... Elaborate?

Edit: By the way, there is going to be a keyboard dock available for $69

5. yodaxl7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The iPad would slide in from the side, not from the top. Once docked in, the station takes over using the current apple X leopard. It would have the trackpad that has gesture functions.

6. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I'll agree the wait is uncool; I want to get an iPad in my hands and see how it works in practice.

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

There is a better chance that the iPad box will have a huge "Powered by Adobe Flash" sticker on the front.

8. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

I disagree - - anticipation is part of the fun!

9. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Implementing innovation is far more difficult than just dreaming up something that would be "cool"

10. yodaxl7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lenova ideapad hybrid is the idea I got it from. It has a tablet running on linux andthe station uses window 7. Apple version would be better. iPad+mbp would be a true force.

11. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Well yes, but how many people here do you think really understand that? :)

12. JoshJosh117 macrumors 6502

Even if they wanted to release it ASAP they would have to wait for FCC approval.

13. Nebrie macrumors 6502a

"putting your money where your mouth is" is also far more difficult than saying "that's cool"

*glances at stack of "cool" devices by out-of-business companies.

14. mac jones macrumors 68040

Actually, they are all ready sitting in a warehouse.

They just do this to make us suffer.

15. LaNex macrumors 6502

Lol. Make the junkies wait for their hit you mean ? Makes them even more pleased to see you when you roll up offering the gear they so badly crave. :)

The wait is what it is, I guess. At least it's given me time to save up the moolah.

16. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

What are you basing your information on? I doubt that they have them already sitting in a warehouse.

17. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

[​IMG]

:eek:

18. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

19. LaNex macrumors 6502

That's a big one ! (Fnar !) T'would surely satisfy some of the people who aren't happy about the iPad's screen size. ;)

20. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

Oops - - I forgot to put a disclaimer on my picture:

The above photograph does not represent a warehouse full of cases Apple's new iPad.
    Any resemblance to such is purely coincidental and is herein used solely for comic effect.

(But in the meantime, you may want to have your doctor take a look at your humor gland, if you feel a constant irresistible urge to debunk simple visual levity.)