Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azboricua

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Arizona
Lets see if we can make one place for general chat, questions, and bursts of anxiety.

So who is pre-ordering once pre-orders start and what are you using it for? :D

I'll start: I am pre-ordering ASAP and I will be using it as an alternative to my iMac while around the house or traveling (youtube,email,internet browsing). I will be tethering my Droid to it so I can use it on the go. I am hoping the SD Card adapter works as I need it to preview my photos onsite on photo shoots.

What about you?:p

zapp

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
Caribou,ME
What about you?:p

I will be pre-ordering it to 64Gb 3G version. Coach potato surfing, vaca's, at work for portable reference. I was at work a few nights ago, and looked up something on the iTouch, and sounded really smart, then the supervisor turned around and realized I was just reading it. Should have been a little quicker. I can definitely use this has an effective tool to make my life easier.

rittchard

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
I will pre-order whatever I can get my grimy paws on first :)

Seriously at this point I'd take whatever model comes out first, because any would be fine for me. While I'd prefer the larger memory models, I'm really planning to use it as the central command hub to the rest of my electronics so I don't necessarily need to store loads of content on it directly. Apps will be my primary concern for storage.

On a slight side note, it's been interesting that ever since the announcement, I've been finding time and again "moments" when I wish the iPad was handy. In particular there have been times I end up grabbing either my MBA (which now seems too big and clunky) or my iPhone (which now seems so tiny) and wishing it were an iPad. A couple nights ago I was having trouble falling asleep and thinking how ideal it would be to grab the iPad and surf the web a little, maybe listen to some music or read to relax.

Can't wait!

Astro8973

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Quick Q on the pre-ordering. If I pre-order, does it mean I will have one ready to be picked up at my local Apple store, or is it for online purchases only?

Anyways, I'll be picking up either the 32gb or 64gb wifi version and tethering with my MyTouch. Can't wait! Oh, and does anyone know a website that updates on upcoming iPad apps in development? I'd love to see what some devs are coming up with!

Ka Ora!

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2009
I will be a having a 64Gb Wifi I will get a unlocked Mifi unit as well. Been wanting a Bigger Touchy Feely iThing for ages. The iPad looks right up my street, Hopefully there will be less page refreshes in the browser.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
- 64 gig 3g
- Apple Case
- Dock

Can't wait! Ordering whenever I can, but am annoyed I have to wait for the 3g version.:(

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
Planning on ordering a 32GB 3G ASAP.

For around the house general purpose computing, travel.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I plan on preordering the 32 gb

plan on using it as a livingroom net surfing machine. plus i want to dev apps for it

i hate the fcc right now....

Bytor65

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2010
Canada
I don't pre-order anything and I don't line up early for anything. I will buy when I can try one in person at a local shop.

So I almost hope it isn't too popular right away so I can try/get one first week.

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
I'm going to pre-order the 64GB Wifi version & plan to go to an Apple Store on release day. If my pre-order hasn't shipped by then, I will try to get one at the store and cancel my pre-order. Hopefully, I will get lucky & get some good goodies at the release party.

Ipad 64GB Wifi
Case
Dock
and any other cool accessory I see at the store

msduncan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
I'm also in for preorder. In fact, I've been anxiously awaiting the preorders so I can get it over with and relax the next two months.

I am replacing my netbook with the ipad. I will use it at home for a couch/bed surfer, and it will travel with me to work and around to visit family. I'll also take it with me on vacation.

I'm going 64 or 32 GB Wifi (haven't decided which). I'll load it up with music, apps and games. My initial thought was to get the 64GB right away, but then I realized with all my apps, music, and games on the iphone I haven't used up the 8GB yet. So.... I'm not sure if I need the 64GB or not. ???

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
I've been waiting for Pre-orders since it was announced. I'm hoping they possibly open tomorrow seeing as its a Tuesday and there is just over a month until launch.

Then again they haven't even announced pricing in the UK yet so I'm not holding out much hope that pre-orders will start at the same time over here as in the US.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Pre-ordering:

-64GB + 3G
-regular dock
-BT keyboard
-Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad bag

Placing orders for all as soon as the iPad pre-order link is live.

Intend to use iPad as my primary computer...(yeah you heard me right).

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
I think I'm going to hold off on pre-ordering. I think I'd like to hold one in my hands before making my final decision. I was thinking I'd get an iPad for sure, but as of late I've been kind of waffling between it and a white MB. We're taking a trip in April, so whatever I get I'd like to have it before we head out of town.

thejakill

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2005
I'll hit the buy button as soon as i get their email.

16GB, wifi only. Perfect for browsing, games, tv show watching, and light word processing (pages) from the command center of my Lazyboy. Great for visiting family and using their wifi. Don't need 3g.

Also perfect for bedtime/morning browsing and yes, Steve, the bathroom. Can't wait to see what books/magazines are like on it. It's Al Bundy's dream computer.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Day 1 they are released I will be at the apple store at 10 am when it opens.

Getting a 64gb wifi only
iPad dock
:D

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm going in to my local Apple Store first day they have them in stock and getting:

64GB iPad w/o 3G
Apple Case
Apple Dock
Around $100 in iTunes

I can't wait!! :D

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I am still torn, but if I had to guess:

64gb + 3g
Case
Keyboard Dock
Regular Dock

LaNex

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2010
Realistically, I only need the 16GB wifi one and probably can only realistically afford that one if the projected UK prices are nearish. I've got a 3GS with unlimited data so I'll tether (by jailbreaking if I have to, via the BenM method preferably) for the few times I'll need 3g.
It will replace my macbook pro (2006) for day to day browsing, email and such like (bye bye hot legs and dim screen ;) ) and with the planned purchase of a Blue Mikey (external mic) I'll take it to band rehearsals to record sessions. If the internal mic is like the 3gs, as there's no input gain it'll have a s*&t fit and distort to hell everytime we crank it up. Hence the external mic purchase.

I wil preorder as soon as I can. I'm a bit of a gadget girl so I get a warm fuzzy feeling when a new toy is approaching on the horizon. And no, I don't apologise for that. ;)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
This is what I'm leaning towards

32gb + 3g
Case
Keyboard Dock
Camera Connection Kit

If everything works as I think it should, I'll use that when I travel as opposed to bringing my MBP. I found when staying in resorts/hotels, the advertised internet is inconsistent. Many times I've had issues with connectivity, with 3G, I'll avoid any of those pitfalls.

Ports

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Bothell,WA
I am leaning towards the 64gb wifi. At times I think about the 3g model but not sure if I need that considering it will be mostly used @ home. I just wish we could get some good news regarding preorder dates. Enjoy your new gadget everyone :D

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
so what happens if the fcc says no apple your device makes people hair fall out. you are denied. what happens do they just fix it and resubmit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.