Right... there's an official "waiting for Montevina," but I'm willing to bet that some people are skipping Montevina + Penryn and waiting for Montevina+Nehalem. Me personally, I have a laptop that can last until either upgrade, but I'm just waiting first. If I think Montevina+Penryn is a substantial upgrade, then I will. But if not, I'll wait for Montevina+nehalem. But, I'm also waiting for a case redesign. So whichever one comes first on that, I'll take. Right now, 2.6GHz and 4GB RAM ought to last me. Now, the other thing is, it seems through a popular consensus that people are actually considering either the Montevina+Penryn upgrade, or the Montevina+Nehalem upgrade would be the staging ground for the new case redesign, after 5 years(I still have my old PowerBook G4 sitting in the corner of my room as a memory of that). Now, opinions?