The waiting for UPS delivery thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by edtorious, Mar 16, 2012.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

It's 1:37 pm PST and still no UPS here in San Diego, CA, see pic for more tracking info. I know it will be here but disappointed that it wasn't here before noon when it went out so early for delivery according to the tracking info. What a waste, I should've not preordered and gone to Walmart instead :rolleyes: :p Anybody else waiting for UPS especially in San Diego, CA?

Attached Files:

• UPS.png
      UPS.png
      File size:
      116.2 KB
      Views:
  2. pdubak macrumors member

I'm still waiting and it's getting delivered to a business, UPS is definitely slower than FedEx.

Their labor contract gives them triple pay after 9.5 hours so interpret that how you'd like.

3. Built macrumors 68020

UPS is a joke.

I've had more packages stolen because the driver in my neighborhood refuses to deliver packages to your apartment...He just leaves them in the lobby.

When I initiated an investigation on a lost/stolen package allegedly delivered by UPS, I was told that the UPS driver has the prerogative to ignore a signature requirement from the shipper...While this may be more convenient for the consumer, it leaves the consumer open to theft/loss, as well.

4. Bubbakinns macrumors newbie

UPS usually stops by my house late afternoon all the way up to 8pm! I was expecting nothing better today but was totally surprised when they showed at 9am here this morning. Thank goodness I heard the knock though because he barely tapped his knuckles on my door.

5. pdubak macrumors member

They have really nice people working for them, compared to FedEx the benefits working there are better. Most are honest but it takes just 1 bad apple to ruin the batch. I think most problems are poor management though, I can't blame the guy driving the truck for their company sucking.

By the way, mine had a destination scan but nothing saying it was out for delivery. I hope that is an error, if they don't show in the next 2 hours when our business closes I won't be a happy camper!

6. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Finally got it! :D

Attached Files:

• UPS.png
      UPS.png
      File size:
      115.5 KB
      Views:
  7. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

Here in the UK I was expecting my delivery from UPS too but at 6pm the tracking website changed saying they forgot my package in the warehouse.

What a ****** company. Now I have to wait until monday.

lovely.

8. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Same here, except he showed just before 10am. I was expecting 5pm, so I was happy.

9. crickfick macrumors newbie

what does this even mean?

iPad was out for delivery at 7:13 AM, then an exception showed up this evening, "Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control." Had it sent to my work address, will have to wait til Monday now...

Attached Files: