Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
ok, this has got to be the WORST feeling in the history of the world. just ordered your new mac maybe a couple days ago, already cleared a space on the desk for it, done all the measuremetns, but it still isnt' gunna ship until about a week or so later. you wait and wait, the days CRAWL on, you come home from work/school and look longingly at the space on the desk where your gorgoues new computer should be...to be continued upon arival of imac :(

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
biohazard_6969 said:
... you wait and wait, the days CRAWL on, you come home from work/school and look longingly at the space on the desk where your gorgoues new computer should be...to be continued upon arival of imac :(

One of life's lessons: First the pain, then the pleasure. Your follow-up will likely contain many praiseworthy comments about the iMac purchase, and the wait that you endured will have been worth it. Enjoy it once it arrives.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I waited six to eight years to get an iMac as I couldn't persuade my father to upgrade from a 180Mhz Performa (black one). In the end I turned it into a game, actually two games, in your case you may only get the fun of one game.

Game 1. Count how many times you can say 'wait' or 'Mac' or whatever in an hour, a day a week etc. Then try and beat that record. Highly addictive mind you.

Game 2. See how far you push your father (or whoevers holding out on buying a computer) over the edge. In my case it got to the point where I would be banned for a week each time I mentioned anything about computers. (The ban would apply after we actually got the computer).

Have fun, and enjoy the games.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
"Just remember, the sweet is never as sweet without the sour."
--Vanilla Sky but i cant remember for the life of me which character said it (was it david's tech support? brian?)

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
They know.. They are in your head, they know how much you want it... Try not to want it so much, then it will come sooner :D
How long something takes to come= x+hx6
Where 'x' is how long it says, and 'h' is how much you want it.
Our family waited ages for our g5 to come.. Happy results in the end though, as new models came out, and we got the newer one. (We were going to go dual 1.8 which was the middle system, but then we got dual 2.0 which was the new middle system)
:)

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Ugh, I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I order a new Apple product I feel it. It's wierd though because it only happens with Apple products. Right now I am feeling it as I anxiously await the arrival of my new 5G iPod. Everyday seems to move sooooo slowly.

ksz

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2003
USA
biohazard_6969 said:
ok, this has got to be the WORST feeling in the history of the world. ... you wait and wait, the days CRAWL on, you come home from work/school and look longingly at the space on the desk where your gorgoues new computer should be...to be continued upon arival of imac :(
When you've gone through this enough times you realize that wanting is better than having...but there are exceptions!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.