The waiting game

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blenks, Apr 7, 2008.

1. blenks macrumors newbie

Hey, just ordered my first ever mac after much debate about whether it was worth the debt and now I am going crazy waiting for it to arrive! My flatmates are going crazy listening to me talk about this so I thought I would post on here to people who share my pain! Any advice on how to make myself less crazy would be a plus :)

Sarah xx

2. chinarider macrumors regular

Suspended animation until it arrives - it's the only way.....

3. blenks thread starter macrumors newbie

I feel I must agree, every hour feels like 5! My flatmate was watching Red Dwarf and I think I need to go into that stasis thing! The wait is driving me so crazy I'm now thinking I should have forfeited the £100 education discount and free printer and just bought it from a shop!

4. timj08 macrumors newbie

I got both the education discount and the free printer from an apple store. Plus you get a chance to talk to a Mac genius.

5. gothamm macrumors 6502a

while its OK to be excited for a product you look forward to, it shouldn't be the case that you let it affect your daily routine. that's kind of very odd.

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Perfidy! Mac is great. God save the Mac (since we're living in flats, we must be under a monarch somewhere)!

Seriously, make lists of the things you want to do with it and scour the web for software you won't be able to live without.

7. blenks thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't live anywhere near an apple store unfortunately :( i meant a department store or something that sells them :)

Yes, I know, this is why I am worrying myself, it doesn't help that I'm on holiday from uni at the moment and also have no money to do anything so I end up in my flat alot lol

I have been reading these forums alot, they actually make me feel a bit better, not so over-excited all the time! I think I need some sort of word etc package, but luckily my friend just got a MBP and is saving me lots of money by donating fun things :)

8. blenks thread starter macrumors newbie

She has arrived, she is beautiful, i am in love :D

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

What did you get? In all the excitement we have no idea what you actually bought. ;) :D

10. blenks thread starter macrumors newbie

lol, this is true! It is just the base line white macbook (money constraints) but I also got the white creature speakers. It is all going well so far, nothing disastrous as yet and everything is as it should be (i think!)

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

12. pazreal macrumors regular

Nice...enjoy.

For future impatience I recommend deep sleep