the waiting

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eetu, Nov 6, 2007.

1. eetu macrumors member

i ordered an iMac at the local apple store on 20.10. they told me it would take a couple of weeks. i'm still waiting. :(

i wonder why it takes so long. buying a new one at the online store says that shipping will be in 3 days.

2. PatchMac macrumors newbie

PatchMac

If I were you, I'd probably call them up and ask them. If I had to guess, I'd say it was an outlet preference, maybe trying to ship a few at once and make a profit off what they save with combined shipping.

3. eetu thread starter macrumors member

i called last friday. they didn't have a clue. it should arrive at any minute, they said.

4. PatchMac macrumors newbie

PatchMac

If it's coming across the border it probably got held up in customs, everything does these days. Here in Newfoundland Canada we never got Leopard till wednesday instead of the friday before.

Could be backed up even more right now, hard to tell.

If you call where the computer is coming from they'd probably have a better idea since they sometimes track shipping themselves.

5. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

That's what MR is here for - to kill time. Watch the forum spy and your iMac will be here before you know it :p
    What spec did you order?

6. jaeger19604 macrumors newbie

Yeah... So I ordered my macbook last thursday, and had it shipped nextday... Still haven't gotten it yet, and fed ex says they haven't received the package.
    :mad:

If I were you, I'd call apple and continuosly ask for an update until it comes or till they give you a tracking number.

7. eetu thread starter macrumors member

That's what I'm doing with this thread, killing time :D

I ordered the 24-inch, 2.8 with 750gb. Some folks might say that with that price I could have gone for the Pro, but adding the display and the extra hard drive goes way beyond my budget and I don't thinking that I need such a powerful machine.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I will hook up the imac with a hifi Marantz amplifier and with my tv. I hope it will result in a kick ass media and working center.

8. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

Sounds like you ordered a great machine! - no need for a Pro unless you are using it for some serious work.
    Enjoy.

9. TheVandit macrumors member

TheVandit

I ordered a new imac with bigger HD and iwork pre installed on the 22/10/07 from the UK. My imac is coming from Shanghai and wont be delivered til the 28/11/07!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got an email explaining they cant keep up with demand at the moment...alot of ppl like me were waiting for Leopard.

I CANT WAIT!

10. eetu thread starter macrumors member

wow! mine is here, although i don't have time to go and pick it up until saturday. this is going to be a funny weekend.