The Walking Dead TV VS Comics

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Delighted, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Delighted macrumors 6502

Delighted

I just caught up on the TV show and I want more. My question is, does the comics offer a different story from the TV show?

2. Svend macrumors member

The story is similar, but different enough to be interesting individually. There are different areas of focus, characters, and settings between each of them. I personally liked the comics better, but enjoy both. I don't really read comics, usually, but enjoyed The Walking Dead.

3. Delighted thread starter macrumors 6502

Delighted

Nice. Would you also happen to know if the comics are ahead of the TV show or is it about the same?

4. Svend macrumors member

The comics are considerably farther ahead of the TV show. I'm thinking the two seasons happened within about 25 comics, and the comics are around 90~.

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I was thinking about reading the comics, but from what I think I was about to find. It would mess up the TV show for me. I like not knowing and comics are way ahead of TV. Would give away too much.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Of course the show is too easy to figure out where the general story is heading. Which sort of spoils it. The hints they give are just too strong.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Read the comics. They are actually really good. One of the best series I have read to date.

There is enough stuff that is different that it will keep you interested.