The Wallpaper moves as you tilt the device

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ericDylan, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ericDylan macrumors regular

I just noticed this and I don't think I like it. It seems gimmicky, like an android live wallpaper.

What do you guys think?

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

should be rather lightweight code. Doubt itll have any negative impact on battery and will certainly add class.

Indeed it does seem gimmicky, but its still attractive. Keep in mind that people have been demanding aesthetic changes, most of which are nothing more than marketing gimmicks. Flat design appears more modern, but obviously does nothing to improve the functionality of the device. At least this time around Apple implemented a number of functional additions that certainly do increase the functionality.

3. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I like it as long as it doesn't waste battery

4. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

While it is gimmicky, it's still a neat and fun feature to have (assuming there's an ability to turn it off if you don't like it).

Android definitely has quite a few live wallpapers that use the gyroscope in the phone, but I still think it is a welcome addition to iOS regardless! :)

5. ericDylan thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, overall I like the update. I just didn't know there was a demand for live wallpapers anymore. I thought even android left that back in 2009. (I had an android and was an avid rooter until I came to my senses and got an iP5)

I like a lot of the functionality, but I am still a little skeptical on all the frosted glass transparency... there is A LOT of it and it seems to really make the OS more colorful, which is not necessarily a bad thing, I am just not particularly fond of color.

----------

That's the main reason I brought it up. I have not found a way to turn it off. It is not too obvious or in-your-face, just superfluous. I do not find it aesthetically pleasing or displeasing. It just seems as though there should be some way to turn it off (there probably will be in future releases).

6. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I want to disable it too, it's making my wallpapers look stretched and pixelated.

7. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I see no reason for it to drain battery. The accelerometer and gyroscope is already active for device orientation, so it should just be adding another hook to it.

8. Arid macrumors member

Arid

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

You can turn it off under Accessibility if you don't like it.

10. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

FYI, if you want to disable it, go into Accessibility and turn on reduce motion.

11. Androidfan1x macrumors regular

wait, device orientation require both those 2 thing to be always-on?
    and what's inclinometer, seems like a new sensor?
    http://i.imgur.com/X1x7xHl.png

12. It's Electric macrumors member

Not a new sensor. The compass app includes a new inclinometer mode.

13. ericDylan thread starter macrumors regular

Great find.
    I wonder what other "motion" that might disable, though. Hopefully future updates will include a setting specifically for this in the wallpaper setting section. I may keep the "motion" I havent decided yet, but the option to remove would be nice.

14. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I've only noticed it disabling the wallpaper.