The watch faces need parallax motion sensing like the iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dyt1983, Apr 30, 2015.

1. dyt1983, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: to remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

2. h9826790 macrumors G3

h9826790

Agree that the date may be unreadable on the watch face, but I will use glance to check the date rather than force touch. I think it's much easier to read the date from calendar than the watch face selection UI (the date at there is too small).

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Why? you want motion sickness-gate to happen again?

----------

The butterfly/flower watch screen has a pretty big date indicator :)

4. h9826790 macrumors G3

h9826790

Haha, of course I mean if the user prefer to use those classic watch faces and also only set the date present at that traditional area. Sorry I didn't make it clear in the last post. :D

5. dyt1983 thread starter macrumors 65816

True but generally I need to know the date quickly when I am doing something, and usually that means my hand is occupied. I don't just think, "Hmm, what day is it, let me play with my Apple Watch." ;)

Otherwise then I would have just taken out my iPhone and looked at the date. I guess since so many people don't wear watches now they don't have a need or realize the convenience. Maybe people don't need to fill out or sign forms anyhow because they don't get their cars serviced, or fill out legal forms, or sign anything. I don't know. Maybe now everyone can just remember the date except for me. :D

6. simonx314 macrumors regular

Good idea, OP. I wonder if Apple may implement this on future versions of the Watch when the hardware is more capable.

7. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

With 512MB RAM it should already do such things or just render the parallax effect on iPhone.

To the OP, very nice idea. Hopefully it will be implemented in Watch OS.