The watch will be awesome when <blank>

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blackbear219, Apr 13, 2015.

1. blackbear219 macrumors regular

Fill in the blank!

For me, golfing!! I don't even golf that much (maybe 4-8 times per season) but the watch would be amazing while golfing. Leave your phone in the golf bag and never have to take it out for the entire round, most likely.

What else ya got?

2. dilap macrumors 6502a

3. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

5. blackbear219 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, ok, other than actually receiving it...that's a given. :D

6. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

backspace x 5, period.

The watch will be awesome.

7. motulist, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

motulist macrumors 601

motulist

When it isn't way overpriced for what most people will actually wind up using it for. Namely, the functions I think people will actually wind up using the most on the apple watch are notification and fitness tracking - but there are already a ton of other MUCH cheaper wrist devices that all ready do those functions perfectly well.

For example:

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us

http://www.striiv.com/striivfusion/

8. LasersGoPewPew macrumors regular

LasersGoPewPew

9. blackbear219 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, too many negative Nancy's.

Here's another good one:
    Comparing calories before and after getting jiggy with the misses.

10. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I receive it and I can play with it on the toilet :eek:

NB: Never buy a 2nd hand :apple: watch :D

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

Personally I don't use fitness features and they aren't useful to me. Notifications and other features are. To me the watch isn't overpriced and wouldn't be even if it just offered notifications. Plus those other devices typically don't give the same level of interaction or responses that the :apple:Watch does nor do they integrate as well as it will with an iPhone. The added functionality and far better compatibility and interaction with an iPhone alone is worth the money.

12. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

When there is a Spotify app for it

(But it will already be awesome without it)

13. rhino7 macrumors member

rhino7

It supports silent alarms (and of course has the battery life to avoid charging every night).

Got the watch ordered but still need to use the fitness band just for this feature.

14. iUserz macrumors member

15. firewood macrumors 604

... when Apple introduces an SDK allowing the development of native Watch apps.

16. Kovich macrumors newbie

when it can be used as personal authentication in numerous situations: opening car doors, houses, accessing the office, etc

17. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

This^
    From the reviews I've read, Apple watch has the worst battery life out of all smart watches on the market today.

18. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I'm pretty sure it already supports silent alarms, you'll just need to be wearing it (of course).

I've been thinking about this, and I, too, would love to have week long battery life to support both silent alarms and sleep tracking... However, I don't foresee this ever happening. Battery life in iPad/iPhone has mostly been stable through it's existance (iPhone has gone up some, but for me, even with the 6+ I've never been able to comfortably go for more than a day without charging). As the watch progresses, it'll get more power efficient sure, but it will also get thinner and add capabilities (GPS?) to drain power.

Without some battery revolution, I can't imagine the watch being able to sustain so much as 2 full days of use (under a regular load, on a consistant, comfortable basis) for many years.

I think the much more likely scenario would be charging wirelessly (like witricity) where I can be sleeping in bed with the watch on my wrist as it charges. Sure this will slow the charging process, but if the watch takes 2 hours now, I can imagine wireless charging for 6 hours would provide approx a full charge. Another added perk would be that the iPhone would (almost surely) add this capability as well. Although, I suppose recharge time would be more important with iPhone

19. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I think Apple have thought about a LOT of things ;)

20. JohnApples macrumors 65816

when I can use it to get my coworker's attention at work. Of course, he would need an Apple Watch too which is impossible since he has an HTC One. :(

But pretending he did have one, it would be so convenient! Things get very hectic pretty fast where I work, and it would be so nice to just bring up my wrist and do the "tap tap" thing to get his attention and let him know I need some assistance. We could also come up with our own "codes".

Single tap means I'm going on break/will be unavailable. Double tap means I'm back. Triple tap: need help asap.

I can dream!

21. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

When it has all the radios of an iphone and it no longer requires an iphone for communications! gimme gimme gimme!!!

For now though...

when it's on my wrist and I power it on the 1st time :):):)

22. Notme90 macrumors member