The way iTunes displays TV Series

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lozkin, Sep 16, 2012.

1. lozkin macrumors newbie

Hi guys...I wonder if someone can help me with the way iTunes displays TV series....I have a large collection of series, some I downloaded from iTunes, some I converted from DVD - the issue I have is that on the TV section of iTunes I have to have each individual series showing, which when you take into account stuff like Simpsons, Family Guy, Sopranos, Friends etc is a lot of series!

What I ideally want is something on iTunes with the show name, then to click into it, then have a list of the series, all with their own artwork. They do it with Music - for example, I have 1 'Oasis' file in my iTunes music, but I click into it and it has all the different albums there, each with their own artwork

Is it possible to do this with TV series?

The best solution I have found so far is to edit the metadata of the episodes, so instead of sopranos season 2 episode 1, it would say sopranos episode 13....this ensures all the episodes are under the one folder, but doesnt allow for the different artwork, or even to say what season it is...

hope that makes sense - if someone can help that would be great!

2. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced something like this in iTunes 11 (coming October). As for what your options are now, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. :(