The Weather channel for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by markosb, Apr 2, 2010.

1. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

2. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Thanks for the great deal catch and a bump for my neighbor (Weather channel is across the street (or 285:eek:) from me).

3. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
  4. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

No problem guys, this forum came through for me yesterday with Harbour Master.

5. CVC macrumors member

Last night I purchased WeatherBug Elite for iPad for $4.99. This morning they lowered the price to $.99!

I emailed apple requesting to return the app, since I haven't even used it yet.

6. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

I'm not making any app purchases yet for that very reason.

I think the prices are going to be wildly variable for a few days until things shake out.

With the exception of Pages and Keynote. I don't see Apple dropping those prices.

7. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

....but can you prove you haven't used it yet?:D

8. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

exhibit A as to why you don't buy an app before you actually have the product.

9. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

Wow, this makes me very hesitant of buying anything for the next few weeks.

I think Weatherbug itself should somehow give you a refund, since they lowered the price that dramatically less than 24 hours after it was released.

10. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

Your welcome...

I have avoided buying any apps, just the free ones are downloaded at this time. I think prices will fall on other apps as well. When I saw Weather Channel in the free apps I was thinking its the ad version, but it wasn't I would rather use that then the Accu Weather free one with Ads

I am keeping my eye on PadNotes though, I want to read some reviews tomorrow on that before I try it out.

11. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

I'm only grabbing free ones myself right now until tomorrow.

I noticed for instance there was a Disney Read Along Toy Story 2 App for like 8 bucks. I thought "Cute, my kid will like it, but not for 8 bucks".

Then I saw the same App but it was Toy Story 1 and it was free? So I snatched that up wondering if it was some sort of mistake.

12. aliebel macrumors member

Thanks for seeing this, I'll catch it in the morning when I play with my new toy! :) Also, soon to become my life! :p

13. pup macrumors member

It still says .99, but the app store won't allow a purchase now - says the app is being modified. So it could have been a very short promo, or a mistake.

14. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

15. paulyras macrumors 6502

This might be the one good thing about holding out for the 3g. Yeah, I picked up some free apps (including Harbor Master and Weather Channel Max), but I've been able to resist the siren song of paid apps, and hopefully will until the price has gone down a bit.

16. gt1948 macrumors regular

gt1948

Agree 100%, have the 3G on order and only downloading the free apps now. Something to do while I fidget and wait.

17. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Where does it say free for a limited time???

If this also applies to some of the other free apps, then this is important to know!

Thanx

18. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

Its a iPad giveaway, the iPhone/iPod versions of the MAX program are paid apps, they have a free one with ads though, this is the full version without the ads. Harbor Master is also a paid app that is free for limited time. Probably after the 3G version comes out, sometime after that it will go to the regular price.

19. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Hey thanks for the post - and I scored harbour master too (didn't know about that one)

What else don't I know about that's free for a limited time?

20. pup macrumors member

Ahh, now Weatherbug Elite is completely free now, too, it seems.

21. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

22. MNkid macrumors member

I downloaded both weather apps for free. What happens when there is an update? Is there normally a cost?

23. h00ligan macrumors 68030

good catch, we should sticky a thread with this.. the op can maintain when they go out of free?

Nope, so long as any other paid user would qualify for a free upgrade, so do you. They are doing this so when everyone is showing off their new wares, they can say.. look at this great app.. when the next ipad gets sold.. they go buy the app. Very smart move to offer early adopters free apps imho.

24. Ichneumon macrumors member

So, when we get these apps for free, we can keep them for free right? So, even if the developers will ask money for them later, raising the price, we keep them right? In that case I'm thinking about grabbing some of these free apps, even though my ipad is still months away.