The Weather Icon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickspohn, Sep 20, 2007.

1. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

No ones really talked much about this, but if you take a look at the UK iPhone, the weather icon says 23 degrees. If you use Celsius for the Weather, it still says 73.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/o2-uk-iphone-gallery/404753/

Obviously, the Calculator Icon was updated as well. But, at one point the Clock icon was showing the actually time, instead of 10:15 like it is now, but that has changed back now.

BUT, for the Weather icon to update, and you aren't a wifi network, it will do it over edge. And of course, if the weather icon is updating each time you go to the home screen, you won't be able to get a phone call.

Who would want to see the icon update to current weather?

2. macduke Suspended

macduke

This has already been discussed. The 23 degrees showed up right after the iPod Touch announcements when Apple put up images of the iPhone with the Wifi Store update on their site.

Zoom in on the image on this site http://www.apple.com/iphone/wifistore/

Also, 23c = 73f.

Probably just for the UK update, but I'd like to see the icon update on a set interval, like at the same time it accesses my latest emails, which is currently set to hourly. Also the same interval the Weather Channel updates their local forecasts, I believe, since NWS stations put out hourly reports.

3. dangleheart macrumors 6502

Either the icon update at some set interval or remove the number from the face of the icon. It is a bit misleading the way it is now.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Unless you're in SoCal where it's always a beautiful 73... :)

5. dangleheart macrumors 6502

Southern Calahari? Yes, it is 73 degrees Celcius :D