The Weather Widget...

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Rob.G, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I know this is an old issue... how, after rebooting, the weather widget(s) on the Dashboard never retain their position. I just think that by now, it's time they FIXED IT. I have fourteen of them open and get really tired of having reposition them after a reboot.

Since Apple isn't listening, I was actually thinking about starting a petition on Change.org or someplace to see if maybe that might get them to do something about it. What do you think?

2. Ritsuka macrumors 6502a

It's much more probable they will remove Dashboard in the next version.

3. Rob.G thread starter macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Ugh, I hope they don't. I rather like it. But I suppose it wouldn't surprise me, as much as they're trying to dumb down OSX.

4. leman macrumors 604

Yep, Dashboard is an obsolete feature and Apple is very unlikely to spend resources on fixing bugs in it.

P.S. I find it hilarious how people instantly start shouting about 'dumbing down OS X' any time there is a change they disagree with personally :rolleyes:

5. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I guess leaving off features is not acceptable and disappointing for those who regularly use them. It would be hilarious if people could accept difference in views and user patterns.

6. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

it's a shame when we lose options we've enjoyed, but change comes, whether we like it or not. features are added, removed, revised. hardly a 'dumbing down' though...