The Weirdest problem to me.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Iyokuu, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Iyokuu macrumors newbie

I received a MacBook Pro from Full Sail University for classes online. It ran fine until one random morning it wouldn't let me log in and only allowed me into recovery mode. I tried repairing and everything else, but eventually my only option was to erase it all and re-download Lion. That took days, so I knew something was wrong so I went to the apple store and they did a fresh re-install.

Now a week or so later it runs great. It's only slow when I'm downloading a big file, like a torrent, but recently since Monday my iMovie refuses to open. My Final Cut Pro X is giving me nothing but problems. The start up box with all the colors in it stays on the screen, then I have to click the actual icon to get to the editing part. Everytime I minimize or close it, the next time I open it the screen has been pushed down until finally it's un viewable.

I need a video editing program for class and to me it seems like none of them will work on Mac anymore. I don't want to go through what I said in the first paragraph again, but my friend keeps telling me I have to do a fresh re-install of lion, but we don't have repair/installastion disk. It HAS to be down from the Internet which takes too long.

The only program that works for me is my adobe premiere because the school sent me every adobe program in a CD. I shouldn't have to use this and not have my basic iMovie either. I can trash Final Cut Pro if I could figure out how to use AP or even get my iMovie to work, but I need help woth this. Can anyone help me fix this problem without e having to go through the first paragraph again?

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Just take it back to Full Sail and have them give you a new MBP.

3. Iyokuu thread starter macrumors newbie

I did say I'm taking them online. I'm not in Florida! I can't just take it back and get a new one, especially without missing classes.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Go to a place that has fast wifi.

Go to the app store and download Lion from there.

Search online on how to create a boot disk with the installer.

Do a fresh install on a disk/drive you create yourself.

5. Iyokuu thread starter macrumors newbie

I did say I'm taking them online. I'm not in Florida! I can't just take it back and get a new one, especially without missing classes.

----------

I'd have to torrent lion. It came with my Mac and the app store says I already have it installed.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Have you contacted Full Sail University for advice?

7. Iyokuu thread starter macrumors newbie

All they could do was tell me to call apple support for more help further than repairing the disk. Apple fixed it the first time, but I don't want to go through that process again.

8. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Your problem sounds strange. Are you using legal copies of the programs? If you got them off torrents they may not work because of problems with the cracked program. When you took it to apple did you ask them why your first install was corrupted? Do you think it is something really wrong with the machine or do you think it is something you are doing? If the machine is broken your only option is to ask apple to replace it or repair it. You will have to wait no exception. If you want to reinstall on your own others have provided some good methods for that that are quicker.