The weirdest thing is happening with my iTouch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fel08, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Fel08 macrumors newbie

So 2 weeks ago I got an iPod touch 64GB, and it was working flawlessly until today. It all started when I purchased "Earthworm Jim" from the apple store. So here's the issue I'm having.

I'm playing Earthworm Jim, I quit the game and go to my music library, pick a song and plays it with no problem. Everything works fine until I try to change the volume. No matter where I move the little volume circle thing, it goes back to where it was. I tried restarting my iPod and it worked fine, until I play Earthworm Jim, and quit and I start having the same issue again. Does anybody know what the problem is? Should I return it and get a new one?????

This is what my problem looks like:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvkTM4WbXVw

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

3. Fel08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I did restore it, and it worked fine, but then I played the game and when I quit, the same thing happened again. It only happens when I quit "Earthworm Jim".

4. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

According to the comments (and since you've already tried rebooting), go to Settings > General and then scroll to the bottom and hit Reset. If that doesn't work, then I don't know. It might be that Earthworm Jim interferes with the Music app.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Of course your having problems, you downloaded a worm. :D

6. haiggy macrumors 65816

I've had the same problem. 1G iPod touch 16 GB and never downloaded that game.

To fix it I just force-quit the Music app and reopened it. Pretty sure that's how I fixed it. But yeah, it happens randomly but I haven't noticed it a whole lot, maybe two times.

Bug fix coming up!

7. Fel08 thread starter macrumors newbie

With mine it happens all the time though. I am starting to think its a problem with the app and not my iPod because everything else works fine.

8. Fel08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I will go back to Best Buy tomorrow, return it and get a new one. If the problem persist, then I will know for sure that its not the ipod.