iPad Pro The Wells-Fargo Wagon Is A-Coming...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nightcap965, Jan 29, 2016.

1. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

There are few who would consider me young. But I always feel the most delightful sense of childish excitement tracking an Apple order through UPS.

My Apple Pencil left Harrisburg, Pennsylvania yesterday. In the wee, small hours of this morning, it was loaded onto a truck less than 20 miles away, and it's on its way to me. I feel like I should be sitting in the front window watching for the brown truck to appear.

I love getting new Apple stuff...

2. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

Oh I'm right by the window with you (or rather tracking my shipment during the faculty meeting.) My Apple Smart Keyboard arrives today!

3. nightcap965 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Well, that was the shortest wait on record. UPS was at the door just after 9:00. I am now essaying my first work of art on ProCreate. A triangle for the roof, a square for the house, a few more squares for doors and windows and chimney, and a little watercolor smoke... (Yes, I have the all of the artistic skills of a kindergarten student...)

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Me too! :) I got the pencil last week and will get the smart keyboard tomorrow. I love how the older I get, the more disposable income I have. With the off spring out of the house who use to suck up my extra money, I'm now like a kid in a candy store.

What's funny is I wonder how many of the young people around here will get your "Wells Fargo" reference. I love that show/movie and pretty much grew up with it.

5. nightcap965 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

There are advantages to getting older. As far as the younger folks not getting the Wells Fargo reference, isn't that what Google is for? Goodness knows I need to refer to Google to figure out what they're talking about...

6. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

I'm struck, again, by how beautiful Apple's packaging is. The box for the keyboard is engineered to fit so precisely.

Here is my beauty. I'm relieved that the gray is not as dreary with a white IPP as I had feared. And what a joy to type on! Now, I'm ordering the silicon back cover. Just call me 8 of 9.

Attached Files:

7. nightcap965 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

Nice! I agree, Apple has the best OOBE (Out Of Box Experience, pronounced oobie) in the business. The Pencil arrived in a little sliding box with a little pull tab so it's obvious how to open it.

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

At first I had an order through Verizon to get the keypad but luckily they had one at a local Apple Store. Cancelled the Verizon order and typing now on the key pad. It's actually much better than I thought. I can type fairly fast. It feels pretty comfortable.

You are correct, the experience of unpacking Apple stuff is fun.

EDIT: OK, so that's funny. After I finished typing the message my hand instinctively went looking for the track pad like on my MacBook Pro. LOL

9. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I love buying in the Apple Store for that complete experience. Sure call me a fanboy but nothing beats the apple experience when purchasing new items as their store experience is excellent and man is their packaging the best.

Now to get the gold or space gray. I am so torn!!!

I think black as it looks best with the keyboard and back cover.
    This weekend she will be mine....I think