The "What's Your Favorite Drank?" Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rapmastac1, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

As the title states, just about every forum I frequent has one of these threads. It would be interesting to see what Mac users prefer for their beverage of fun. This is mostly going to be about alcoholic beverages. I just turned 21 a few days ago (but dabbled a few drinks here and there before).

I love me some 99 Bananas or 99 Green Apples. I love the fake flavor and it's great just mixed with 2 parts water to 1 part schnapps. The Caramel Camel is a great mixed drink as well. Favorite wine is Chappelle Ste White, it's really cheap too. I don't like beer all that much but Bud Lite Lime is about the only one I can stand.

One I want to try is Absinthe, it's an overhyped liqueur but has a unique flavor and a cool mixing procedure (using Absinthe spoon and sugar cube with water). But it's just too expensive at almost $50 USD a bottle, and all the ones that are legal in the USA won't let you have a visit from the Green Fairy.

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

I had to UD the word, "drank," as in its common meaning, the title made no sense.

1 part Pepsi to 1 part Red Manzanita Sol apple soda. Everybody should have it at least once.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

^ I'd poo myself inside out if a soda shop opened around here

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Tesco's Tropical juice. It's lovely stuff and my staple drink.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

7. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Iced Oolong Tea

Tequila Sunrise

Ice Water

Crown Royal

8. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

My one vice. Is a 42 oz. fountain Coke. Don't like bottles or cans. Just from a fountain.

On special occasions, Yoo-Hoo, or a black cherry soda.

And when I can, a large vanilla malt. Tasty goodness.

9. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Water: Sparkletts, Dasani, or Fiji
    Fun: Root Beer Float
    Friday Night: Jack on the Rocks or VSOP (straight)

10. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Its a tie for regular drinks.
    Water and Dr. Pepper
    But for specialty, Piña colada and chocolate milkshakes.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I used to be addicted to Diet Coke, but I kicked the habit.

12. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Dr. pepper, and the new mountain dew distortion

13. sauced macrumors regular

Non-alcoholic: (filtered) water, iced caramel macchiatto

Alcoholic: rum & diet coke, malibu pineapple

14. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Ew. Absinthe is just fancy, alcoholic licorice. The spoon thing is cool, until you try the drink. I don't care for it, but to each their own.

For me, I drink vodka tonics, 2 limes. Belvedere is my favorite, but I don't have a preference if its smirnoff, skyy, pravda, and the like.

I also like slightly dirty vodka martinis. Mmmm.

White Russians if I am in the mood.

Never have cared for beer or wine, both have a horrible taste in my opinion. Also coming form a fraternity, I have tried every kind of beer and haven't liked any of it.

15. KompleX macrumors regular

virgin piña colada, orange bang, and jumex mango flavor.

16. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

...ahem... Pardon the lengthy dissertation; feel free to skip to the alcohol at the end, if this becomes too "tl;dr" for you...

Non-alcoholic/non carbonated:
    • Water, perhaps my go-to drink at restaurants
    • Powerade Zero Mixed Berry after working around the house (resembles the Powerade Mountain Blast in color and taste, but without the calories)
    • Cranberry juice and cranberry-based blends (pomegranate, raspberry, etc.)
    • Hot green tea, with Asian food

Soft drink:
    • Diet Mountain Dew
    • Coca-Cola Zero for an occasional change of pace
    • Jarritos, Tamarindo flavor; goes great with taqueria-style tacos if horchata isn't available

Coffee drinks:
    • Homemade "fake iced" mochas (2 shots' worth of espresso, squirt of chocolate syrup, a tablespoon or two of sugar-free vanilla or caramel syrup, fill rest with cold Silk soymilk)
    • When out and about, I try to visit locally-owned coffeehouses if I must have a "real" iced mocha, which is not often, as these tend to be overpriced, especially since I can make them for mere pennies at home. Starbucks is a last resort, and only if someone else with me wants it.

And finally, alcoholic:
    • My favorite mixed drink (and favorite of all alcohol drinks), by a considerable margin, is the Negroni. It's an old-country Italian classic: 1 shot gin, 1 shot Cinzano Rosso sweet/red vermouth, 1 shot Campari. Campari, being a bitter, is definitely an acquired taste; if your idea of a mixed drink is a Long Island Iced Tea, the Negroni is not for you.

Yes, I keep all three ingredients on hand at home; my gin of choice is regular Seagram's. Sure, I could use Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray Ten, but the subtle hints I've heard about in both would be completely lost behind the complexity of the Campari. The gin in a Negroni is there for the juniper bite, and nothing else; why waste money on something you'll not likely notice?

• Wine? Yes, almost always red. Merlots are decent. Cabernets, not so much; I have to be in a particular mood for Cabernets, and as I eat very little beef, that's quite rare. However, a glass of Guenoc Petite Syrah (or almost any other Syrah) is always welcome. I liked wine coolers when I was younger, but my tastes have matured a bit with me.
    • Sparkling wines: Well, I've never been a fan of the really dry champagnes, and the old standby Martini & Rossi Asti doesn't do anything for me either. However, there is one my wife and I enjoy together: Banfi Rosa Regale, a brachetto sparkler from Italy with a deep red hue that looks fantastic in champagne flutes at holiday gatherings.
    • I might have a margarita (traditional lime, on the rocks, with salt) at a Mexican restaurant.
    • Like Kellen above, I've never been a beer fan. The only beers I've found enjoyable more than once are Smithwick's (on tap only) and Negra Modelo. I might have one serving of beer per year, tops. To this day, I have never bought a six-pack of beer for my own enjoyment.

17. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Non Alcoholic
    Fresh brewed southern sweet iced tea. However, I regularly drink Lipton Instant Tea (non sweetened) and add sugar. It's an acquired taste that quenches my thirst like no other. Most people hate it because it hardly resembles tea.

Beer
    Alaskan Amber. Smoooooth Amber beer.

White Wine
    Almost any German or Spanish but especially the non imported ones (must buy in the country). Some of the best wine I've had are from the monasteries in Germany.

Red Wine (sort of)
    Ménage à Trois Red (mix of three grapes)

Come to think of it, I like my food salty and my drinks sweet.

18. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

19. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

:) That's funny, I just had some about an hour ago with dinner. I rarely drink it, but good stuff.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I worked at a convenient store during high school. I wouldn't ever drink from a fountain dispenser again. :(

21. Surely Guest

Surely

I think the OP needs a bunch of these:

[​IMG]

Gimme three fingers of water.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'll second that. Ordered it once. Couldn't drink more than a few sips.

Blecchh!

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Drank?
    Coffee from my keurig, bold dark rich coffees, water from a bottle, rum & diet from the ABC store.

24. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

25. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Mt Dew
    Pepsi
    Min Maid Lemonade or fruit Punch
    Simply Juice Raspberry Lemonade
    Snaple fruit punch or Leomande
    Hershey's Chocolate Milk the one in the plastic bottles.