Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desversen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my macbook4,1 .

Sometimes when Im workin on it, the wheel starts to spin and I cant click on anything. Then, after 10-15 seconds it works normally .. and then it starts to spin again...

I've noticed that at the same time i see a led flashing from the jack input, and a "crackling", but very loud sound (a sort of clickclik, similar to a connect/disconnect sound) coming from the left side of the macbook. Sometimes the problem goes when i restart but other times not and Im not able to work on it properly.

What could it be ?

thank you and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

desversen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
An other thing: while the jack is plugged in 'cause im listening to the music with my Hi-Fi , and when that problem occours, the sounds switches from the Hi-Fi speakers to the macbook speakers, and back again..

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with my macbook4,1 .

Sometimes when Im workin on it, the wheel starts to spin and I cant click on anything. Then, after 10-15 seconds it works normally .. and then it starts to spin again...

I've noticed that at the same time i see a led flashing from the jack input, and a "crackling", but very loud sound (a sort of clickclik, similar to a connect/disconnect sound) coming from the left side of the macbook. Sometimes the problem goes when i restart but other times not and Im not able to work on it properly.

What could it be ?

thank you and sorry for my bad english

When you say the "wheel spins" are you referring to the multicolored wheel many refer to as the beachball?

desversen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
Have you tried a fresh load of OS X?

I actually have some updates i should install.. could it be the problem ?

Another fact: with Smart Utily I detected 16 reallocated bad sectors .... but with Disk Utility no errors detected....

Last edited:

desversen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2014
but i dont understand how a bad hard drive could interfere with the jack plug in .... I've changed my HD less than 1 year ago

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.