the white screen of death??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by R6Seven, Nov 26, 2008.

1. R6Seven macrumors member

i upgraded to the 2.2 software about 4 days ago and since then, my phone has been acting out, with the screen pausing during use or flickering when i try to scrolll through my home screens.

today, i had my phone off for half the day and turned it on. all i'm getting is a white screen with flickering vertical lines on the right side. so far the iphone's been good, ever since i replaced it 3 times in the beginning due to build quality and screen defects.

i'm stuck with a non-functioning iphone and i was supposed to be on call for work tonight. just my luck?

anyhow, would it be possible to exchange this at the apple store even though it's been 5 months since purchase?

2. R6Seven thread starter macrumors member

3. svndmvn Guest

have you restored it?
    Especially because this one doesn't have build quality issues, you might wanna try that.

4. tache14 macrumors newbie

Same problems and more........

I've only had my iPhone for 3 days, and have experienced nothing but problems.

1 Time - Black Screen of Death

3 Times - White screen of Death

Network wont switch over to 2G when 3G signal is low or not at all.
    Callers get dropped, not even a voicemail option.

Phone locks up in sleep mode.

I've had to bring it to instore for a reset, and have to constantly reset it myself.

The phone came with 2.1 and itunes updated to 2.2 - wish I had read more before that!

Is there any fix in sight for this ? I'll give it another week, then its going back.

My razor worked better than this phone! It's more of a retarded PDA than a phone.

Who is starting the class action lawsuit against apple. Put me on the list!

5. wwwchrisde macrumors member

I got the first iPhone here in Mannheim and hoped that the firmware updates would fix all my issues I had with that baby (slow UMTS speed, reboots, ...)

but a week ago the silent mode switch broke off and just one minute ago the white "screen of death" also appeared on my phone.

Thanks to all your messages - i'll visit T-Mobile after work and hope I'll work out with a brand new one -too bad it didn't happened yesterday - I just applied my gelskin :(