The 'who here is NOT having iPhone 4 reception issue' thread!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macuser1628, Jun 23, 2010.

1. matt15f macrumors member

2. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

I have had no reception issues at all, no drop calls either since using iPhone 4. On my end this is a lot better than the 3gs...I'd drop calls all the time. Huge improvement. Had I not seen the thread I never would have known there even was a reception issue.

3. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Same here. Been trying to reproduce for an hour. Nothing. Had. My wife and buddy try, nothing.At this point I'm not gonna bother. Phone is working great and I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn't worry

4. Macuser1628 thread starter macrumors member

That's great! So no issues regardless if you hold it with your left or right hand?

5. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I'm having trouble picking up the 3G frequency. Basic service seems better, overall.

6. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

No problems here. I've been talking on mine all afternoon and no dropped calls. I put it on the table and stood it up straight like the video and no change.

BTW, my screen doesn't have any yellow spots either. :D

7. StPatty33 macrumors 6502

StPatty33

Not having any issues because I don't wrap my phone in a flesh fist when I'm talking on it.

I use thumb & two fingers when I'm on the phone, and it isn't causing any reception issues at all.

Also, it appears as though the issue is an iOS4 issue, not an iPhone 4 issue, as there are videos all over of 3G's etc doing it too after the iOS4 launch.

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Got mine today. Took the wife and I out to dinner. She's got a 3GS.
    Checked and saw my iPhone 4 only had 2 bars, her's only had 2-3 (kept jumping around). When I had full, she had full.
    When her's dropped, mine did the same. So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. :fingers crossed:

9. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

No problems here. If I cover the antenna, I might lose a bar or two, but that happens with every phone I've ever had. I still get 11-12 Mbps over wifi regardless. I think people are making this into a bigger issue than need be. The fact that not all 4g users are experiencing this should prove that it's not a widespread problem or that it's dependent on the user's network.

10. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

11. Macuser1628 thread starter macrumors member

That's all I needed to see. I will now open my iPhone 4 box and activate my new iPhone 4. I will post back if everything works fine. Wish me luck!!

12. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

You are sooo lucky. I have both problems.

13. diabolic macrumors 68000

I've had a couple of hours of call time this afternoon with no reception trouble and no dropped calls moving around town a bit. So far, so good.

14. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I'm in Miami, I got two iPhone 4's 32GB and I can't get any of them to drop reception no matter how I hold them.

15. Macuser1628 thread starter macrumors member

After activating it and synching it, I'm happy to report that...

IT WORKS F'N GREAT!!!! |
    :):):)

I'm doing cart wheels everywhere! No matter how I hold it, left hand or right hand it's great!!!!!

Pheww, that's a relief!!!

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I am not having that issue, but rather moot since I do have the yellow spot issue. I've got an appt for Fri. Wouldn't it be ironic if they give me a replacement w/ no yellow spots but reception issues.

17. beviebev macrumors newbie

18. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

So far so good! No problems yet! Absolutely love this phone!

19. pcorrado macrumors regular

My wifemandnimarenhaving some issue in certain locations in our home - but we have had some terrvile storms here in Chicago the last few days and I called AT&T and it turns out that there are several towers down in the area. I am wondering if there large storms sweeping the nation, combined with all the new traffic are Wally the problem. It's just a coincidence.

20. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I got home from work about an hour and a half ago and my new phone was waiting for me.

So far I can't find any issues. It seems to be better in every way compared to my 3G, both with reception (wifi and 3G) and every thing else. I'll have a real chance to see what it's made of tomorrow but right now I am more than pleased with how everything is working.

21. james92se macrumors 6502a

I have no reception issues whatsoever no matter how I hold the phone. Although, I've never had reception issues on my older iPhones either (I'm in Dallas).

I also don't have any yellow spots :p

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

23. Mpalmieri1203 macrumors member

I have 0 reception issues. Calls sound better and have lasted longer. I'm running in the NYC area. My wifes new phone is running just as great. If you do cradle the phone in your hand the bars will go down. Luckily I don't hold my phone like that when i make a call.

24. monksealpup macrumors regular

You know, every year as soon as people get their phones, if there aren't any issues, tons of people don't come back to the forums. So when there's silence either a) everyone's sick of your ****, b) you posted in the wrong forum, or c) no one is having the issues you're talking about/aren't even on the forums anymore.

With that said, no issues of any kind for me (reception, dead pixels, yellow screen, activation, FedEx stole my phone, etc.).